PDA

View Full Version : Optimum ONR vs. Protect All Quick & Easy Wash

anubus12
05-23-2007, 07:09 AM
I can get Quick and Easy locally. But ONR is pretty popular here. Any ever use Q&E? Is it the same type of product? Does it work as well as ONR with the same processes?

Or should I just invest in some ONR?

shadybreal
05-23-2007, 07:11 AM
A friend of mine gave me some QEW to try, and I used it yesterday on my truck. It seems to work the same. I would like to know others opinions as well. Thanks!

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I prefer the slickness of ONR a little more, but QEW does its job well.

imported_bigfoot
05-23-2007, 07:32 AM
I have not tried QEW yet, but the only difference it that QEW has carnauba on it, and ONR hase some kind of polymers. ONR gives a little more slickness, per other members who have posted their thoughts about it. But, if you can get QEW locally, might as well go fo it.

spotter
05-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Try a search on this.....it was discussed over and over when ONR first came on the market. I believe the majority of people that were using QEW prior to ONR would say that although QEW was and is a great product that they slightly prefer ONR. You can`t go wrong with either one. I prefer ONR for 4 reasons:

1. I often top it with OCW before drying for a quick wash and wax.

2. I also use ONR mixed 6 caps to a quart of water for a QD spray.

3. Although it is hard to explain I just prefer the look and feel of ONR to QEW....I guess it does leave the surface just a little bit slicker.

4. I also use the Optimum polishes and OCW so ordering ONR periodically only makes sense from a practicality standpoint.

joyriiide1113
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I like it when new topics get brought up again. Opinions change and new products come out that make older products feel inferior...

But in this case, I still think ONR is a better product.. It feels slicker and it looks nicer after a wash...

Scottwax
05-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I used QEW for 12 years until ONR came out. I haven`t used QEW since. Not that there is anything wrong with QEW but ONR is a better product overall. Better slickness after washing, does a better job on glass, makes a great clay lube when mixed at QD strength. I have a local Optimum distributor and I can also get QEW locally so attaining either is not a problem...but my Optimum distributor brings the product to me! :)

Dan
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I`ve used both, while I agree the surface is more slick with ONR after you are done washing, QEW feels more slick while washing. It feels like soapy, while ONR feels like plain water to me.

SpoiledMan
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
QEW used to irritate my skin when I used it. I also got streaks on windows with QEW. I don`t have those problems with ONR and for some odd reason cars don`t seem to get as dirty between washes.

awahl63
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I prefer DP 4in1 over ONR and QEW

BigJimZ28
05-23-2007, 09:53 AM

why is that?

joyriiide1113
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM

I`ve never tried it. Curious aswell.

anubus12
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Would you guys recommend a good conventional wash before claying or using QEW or ONR before claying is just fine? Also can I use the ONR/QEW mix as a lubricant for claying as well? Or is QD (more expensive) preferred?

BigJimZ28
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Would you guys recommend a good conventional wash before claying or using QEW or ONR before claying is just fine? Also can I use the ONR/QEW mix as a lubricant for claying as well? Or is QD (more expensive) preferred?

ONR/QEW is a a replacement for a conventional wash

it is personal preferance which one you use

ONR mixed a QD ratio makes a very good clay lube