PDA

View Full Version : How do you use AIOs?

Pages : [1] 2

ozziegt
05-23-2007, 12:06 AM
I am thinking about Klasse AIO and was wondering how to use it. Is it really as simple as applying it and wiping it off? I don`t need to do any polishing with my buffer, or use a different polish to get rid of swirl marks first?

thesacrifice
05-23-2007, 04:20 AM
If you want to get rid of swirl marks youll have to use a polish first yes. And yes it goes on and off easily.

sQuashed
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Think of AIO as an excellent paint cleaner, not a defect remover.

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Think of AIO as an excellent paint cleaner, not a defect remover.

Some do have good defect correcting capabilities. Prime Strong does a very good job of correcting minor defects. But for the most part, and AIO is what it is called. An all in one type of product. Defect removal, paint cleaning, and sealant "all in one" container.

Baera
05-23-2007, 02:48 PM
You probably know this, but most corrective procedures will be easier tackled using a machine. You will have more control over your outcome; Being able to use a large range of pads will supply you with the diversity to compensate for an AIO with little polishing ability. What kind of "buffer" do you have, and how bad are the swirls?

Accumulator
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Different AIO-type products can call for diffferent methods.

With KAIO I don`t overwork it and I buff it off before it dries.

I read somewhere that letting it dry will make its (minimal) protection last longer, but IMO it`s too much of a PIA to buff off once it dries.

sQuashed
05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Some do have good defect correcting capabilities. Prime Strong does a very good job of correcting minor defects. But for the most part, and AIO is what it is called. An all in one type of product. Defect removal, paint cleaning, and sealant "all in one" container.

I was talking about Klasse AIO only. It might remove scuffs but not "defects".

ozziegt
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM
You probably know this, but most corrective procedures will be easier tackled using a machine. You will have more control over your outcome; Being able to use a large range of pads will supply you with the diversity to compensate for an AIO with little polishing ability. What kind of "buffer" do you have, and how bad are the swirls?

I have a porter cable. I was thinking about getting Klasse AIO for it`s durability. Zaino is just getting too expensive...

joshtpa
05-28-2007, 05:02 PM
You will really like KAIO.

ozziegt
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Can you use Zaino quick detailer with Klasse AIO? I have some left over and I wouldn`t want it to go to waste.

joshtpa
05-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Yes, I have used it with KAIO many times.

anubus12
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Do you put wax on after KAIO?

oajr
05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
typically one would use Klasse SG (sealant glaze) on top of the AIO.

regards

Crusader101
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I`ve found that the KAIO is a great product while the SG is so-so.

Collonite 845 over the KAIO turned out very nice on a red Ford Contour I recently cleaned up for a friend. :cooleek:

joshtpa
05-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I dont think SG is so so. But i do find that i top it with better products IMHO. I like topping it with Nuba or with Opti Seal.