PDA

View Full Version : Better Chenille Wash Pad?

toml
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
I`ve used the Viking chenille pad over the last couple years ... works OK for 3 washes and then the sponge looses its shape, and it becomes pretty worthless. It`s only $3, so no big loss.

I also tried the Cobra chenille wash pad (http://www.autogeek.net/chenwaspad.html) as well as the Cobra bone (http://www.autogeek.net/the-bone.html). The Cobra chenille pad is great in terms of the sponge retaining its shape, but the yarn density leaves a lot to be desired as you can see right through to the pad itself. The MF "bone" is extremely plush, but I don`t find that the MF releases dirt as easily as chenille.

Anyone have any other suggestions from personal use? I`m looking for something that is cost-effective and will hold up for at least 8 washes.

AL-53
05-22-2007, 08:25 PM
go to NAPA and get the 100% cotton wash mit...it is made by SM Arnold....very nice mitt and thick..I think the last ones cost me 3.97....nice mitt

I was in your neck of the woods last week...I had to go to Salem....look at a boat...to buy...long ride for me ..

Al

toml
05-22-2007, 10:55 PM
go to NAPA and get the 100% cotton wash mit...it is made by SM Arnold....very nice mitt and thick..I think the last ones cost me 3.97....nice mitt

I was in your neck of the woods last week...I had to go to Salem....look at a boat...to buy...long ride for me ..

Al

Thanks for the suggestion Al. I`ll take a look at it, but having dealt with a mitt before and QEW/ONR, I think I`d prefer a wash pad.

And yes, it is a long ride from where you are. Was your trip successful?

NSXTASY
05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I absolutely love chenille pads, mitts, whatever, but... they dont seem to last long and I end up assigning them to wheels, tires, well, grunge work. Probably 2-3 uses, even less with ONR and the like. I use turtle wax ones that I find are the softest, I get them from MEIJER here in MI. But lately I picked up one of the TW Microfiber mitts, and love it. No marring so far and it has held up for at least 10 car washes and 10 machine washes.

toml
05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
... I picked up one of the TW Microfiber mitts, and love it. No marring so far and it has held up for at least 10 car washes and 10 machine washes.

Is that the regular MF mitt (with thumb) or the heavy-duty mitt? How are they in releasing dirt into the rinse water?

NSXTASY
05-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Is that the regular MF mitt (with thumb) or the heavy-duty mitt? How are they in releasing dirt into the rinse water?

No thumb, its pretty thick, square, green, white cuff which i tuck in. They release dirt well, then again I use a foam gun so there is little dirt left unless I wait longer than a week to wash. I have used them for ONR, but I use three at the same time. I will continue to use them until (fingers crossed) I find marring. If I do find marring, back to the chenille. With the chenille mitts, I was buying like 10 at time which would last me about a month max. And I only wash a few (2-3) cars regularly. So it gets expensive, but meh :confused:

mikebai1990
05-23-2007, 03:06 PM
The Target brand Vroom Chenille wash mitts are very nice. Here`s a pic:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8420/img0820ro1.jpg

NSXTASY
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I Like that ^, how do they hold up? Do they hold alot of water? Looks nice, Im gonna pick a couple up.

mikebai1990
05-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Yea, they definitely hold a lot of water. The only thing you should be problem with, though, is not to get too aggressive with the mitt. The strands of chenille come out relatively easily, so when rinse, make sure you rinse gently.