PDA

View Full Version : Just another newbie

POPPAJ
05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Questions:

1.What is the best leather cleaner? I`ve got a light grey leather interior and can`t get the drivers seat clean(mostly in the creases)even scrubbing with a brush. I`m using Lexol products.

2.Is there an exterior protectant for rubber and plastic that will hold up to rain and washing? I tried 303,looks great when applied but doesn`t hold up for me. Could it be that I didn"t properly clean the rubber?

3.Wax/sealant What will give my silver paint the best look?

THANKS!!!

bjackson8
05-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Questions:

1.What is the best leather cleaner? I`ve got a light grey leather interior and can`t get the drivers seat clean(mostly in the creases)even scrubbing with a brush. I`m using Lexol products.

2.Is there an exterior protectant for rubber and plastic that will hold up to rain and washing? I tried 303,looks great when applied but doesn`t hold up for me. Could it be that I didn"t properly clean the rubber?

3.Wax/sealant What will give my silver paint the best look?

THANKS!!!

For leather cleaning I use Woolite and water. You can also use a diluted all purpose cleaner.

For exterior trim, I use Poorboys Trim Restorer. Seem to hold up longer than anything. Another good choice would be Duragloss non-silicone dressing.

What wax looks best is pretty subjective. For silver, my personal favorite for looks is Poorboys.

EX-P.

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 08:09 AM
As for trim, Mothers Back to Black survives the rain.

As for silver cars, it is purely subjective. My vote on silver is Menzerna FMJ or P21S Paste. Both look great on silver. Othes to consider. Megs #21 or #26 look good on silver. Duragloss AW looks good on silver. Opti Seal looks wonderful on silver too. Just try a few and see which ones you like the best.

POPPAJ
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much for your responses!!!:clap:

Bunky
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
As for trim, Mothers Back to Black survives the rain.

As for silver cars, it is purely subjective. My vote on silver is Menzerna FMJ or P21S Paste. Both look great on silver. Othes to consider. Megs #21 or #26 look good on silver. Duragloss AW looks good on silver. Opti Seal looks wonderful on silver too. Just try a few and see which ones you like the best.

Back to Black looks great. I just need to evaluate how long it lasts.....

NSXTASY
05-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Back to black is a great product. It doesnt last an incredible amount of time, but it works great at removing wax, sealants, dirt, and revealing a nice glow. I would say it held its initial look for about a week on a daily garaged driver, but the nice matte look lasted for a couple weeks. I used FK 2180 on my GF`s car, I put the damn stuff everyyywhere. Big mistake, after it rained, wow, residue. Nothing got it off except for B2B and 3m wax remover. Thank you B2B.

P.S., I wasn`t impressed with 2180 alone, it might be better as a base though.

kleraudio
05-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I dont know, Ive used back to black on my trim right in front of my windshield and it has held up great!!

It is definitely my go to product for trim!

Jim

imported_themightytimmah
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
The Chemical Guys make a trim gel now... it lasts *forever*, it`s kind of like the gel version of PB`s trim restore.

POPPAJ
05-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Just the info that I was looking for!

Thanks everyone Keep em comin!:bigups

joshtpa
05-24-2007, 06:09 AM
You can also get forever black, which is the black trim dye. It is permanent.