PDA

View Full Version : Hook me up with a wash/wax kit.

79BirdofPrey
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Heya, I`m not a hardcore cleaning fanatic, I just want my car to stay clean and shiny and for my paint to stay fresh.

I live in New Jersey so my car (daily driver) is going to get dirty within days of a wash, I`m looking for a way to make the washing process quick and painless so I can do it more often. Hardcore waxing and buffing it out of the question, but something simple (like a spray detailer, wax on wax off) would be great.

Hook me up with some reliable, well reviewed products and where to get them. I mean the whole nine yards, sponges, wheel cleaner, etc. Also, I`d love a little (or big, whatever) zip up case that I can conveniently store all this stuff in. I`m new, sorry for being ignorant/lazy and not searching everything. Thanks :)

firegate
05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Take a look at this thread here:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html?highlight=wash

Lots of great info for people starting out.

bjackson8
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Well this does not come as a kit, but for a very simple solution this is what I would recommend.

A wash bucket ($4 at Home Depot)

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo ($10/Gallon at Target)

Wash Mitt ($5 at Walmart)

Wheel Cleaner - Citurs All Purpose Cleaner ($8/gallon at Home Depot)

Glass Cleaner - Stoners Invisible Glass ($4 at Target)

Micrfiber towels - (can be found cheap at Target or Walmart)

Wax - Collinite 845 ($15 bottle at many online retailers)

For a daily driver, durability of the wax is essential. Collinite ranks with the best in this department. It also looks good and is easy to use.

The bucket can also be a convenient storage case for all of your products.