PDA

View Full Version : Non- abrasive love bug solutions?

A1monky
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey Ya`ll,

I have a black Mitsubishi EVO (thinest clear on the planet), and I live in Orlando, Florida. The love bugs out of control.

I drove 10 miles on the highway and my car was covered with bug juice. The only way I can get them off is by using Z-AIO. It works great, but i am afraid that I will polish through the clear coat on my clear bra. I have tryed Stoner, Poorboys, and Megs bug removers. And almost every chemical product I can get my hands on. I wash my car twice a week. Do you guys know of any other methods that are non- abrasive? Is there any real problem with using Z-AIO once a week?

Thanks in advance, Mike

bjackson8
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I use a spray bottle with a strong mix of car wash shampoo and water. Spray the area before you start the wash and let it dwell for a while.

This has always worked well to break up the bug guts.

topnotchtouch
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I use a spray bottle with a strong mix of car wash shampoo and water. Spray the area before you start the wash and let it dwell for a while.

This has always worked well to break up the bug guts.

+1 This has always worked well for me as well.

I know what you are going through, have lived in Florida most of my life. You definitely don`t want to try and scrub them off. Soaking them for a while before washing will soften them up quite a bit making them much easier to remove...

A1monky
05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will try using the wash soap/water mix.

I use a similar method with the Bug Squash. It works to get of small amounts of bugs. Sometimes I just get hit with a wall of them. Then I have to get out the Z-AIO.