PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Glass Review

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Last week I asked yall about Liquid Glass because I had a customer asking me to use it.

We`ll now that I used it I can say that I would say it`s as good as almost any sealant I`ve used. Of course I can`t say how long it will last, but it applied super easy, siped off even easier, left a beatiful finish, was as slick as ANY sealant I`ve ever used, and didn`t stain plastic. Easily the best OTC sealant I`ve found.

GlossyTundra
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I have always seen bottles of LG on shelves in autoparts stores in my area, but have never picked up any.

captkirk2
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Last week I asked yall about Liquid Glass because I had a customer asking me to use it.

We`ll now that I used it I can say that I would say it`s as good as almost any sealant I`ve used. Of course I can`t say how long it will last, but it applied super easy, siped off even easier, left a beatiful finish, was as slick as ANY sealant I`ve ever used, and didn`t stain plastic. Easily the best OTC sealant I`ve found.

Agree, I dont think you will be disappointed with the durability either.

Crusader101
05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I know of many car enthusiasts in my area that swear by it.

Glad it worked out for you and your customer.

David703
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I used to use it all the time years ago. I never knew anything about detailing, but I asked a guy what he used on his 55 chevy and he told me about it. I loved the stuff. Its just now I have about 100 other bottles on my shelf that the liquid glass was moved to the back.. Maybe I`ll shake it up and use it.

Scottwax
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
My brother still swears by it. He used to use it on his Dodge Challenger about once a month.

awahl63
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe a new (old) flavor of the month?

RogueM3
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM

So if you already have a shelf full of other sealants/waxes, you wouldnt be rushing to buy a bottle of "liquid glass"?

Im filling a shopping car @ AG and was thinking about adding it, yet know it would need to compete with about 5 other highly lauded sealants currently on the shelf.

mblgjr
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Ha, I`ve always used it on my `fridge, stove and mirrors around the house....

Wait; maybe thats Glass Wax... I`ll have to see, but its in a tin, pink liquid, pink-ish/flesh toned can?

RogueM3
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Ha, I`ve always used it on my `fridge, stove and mirrors around the house....

Wait; maybe thats Glass Wax... I`ll have to see, but its in a tin, pink liquid, pink-ish/flesh toned can?

This is the product in question:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1952_35355116

Brian_Brice
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
a guy i know who does body work gave me a canister of it about a year ago, its still unopened. guess ill have to give it a shake as well.

mblgjr
05-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Who is the actual mfg. company?

I guess I`m talking about Glass Wax...(which I found out is no longer in production)...

http://www.the5and10.com/images/glasswax.jpg

wannafbody
05-27-2007, 07:51 AM
liquid glass has been reformulated. it is an amino functional silicone sealant. probably not much different than EXP or others

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 07:54 AM
One of my neighbors swears by this stuff, and his Boxter always looks great. To me it has a very similar look to Megs NXT.

RogueM3
05-27-2007, 08:05 AM
liquid glass has been reformulated. it is an amino functional silicone sealant. probably not much different than EXP or others

Thanks. So that will be a "no" for me on the Liquid Glass.