PDA

View Full Version : Hard water spots on glass . . .

Pages : [1] 2 3

Vintage
05-22-2007, 10:28 AM
What have you found is the best way/product to remove these without scratching the glass, of course :-)

A friend washed her car last week and she has hard well water. Many spots on the glass were missed when drying and now they are a major eye sore especially when she`s driving in the sun. I have to take care of it after I leave the office today.

BigJimZ28
05-22-2007, 10:32 AM
a Magic Eraser has always worked great for me on glass

and you can buy them anywhere!

if they are really bad dip the Magic Eraser in vinager

BobD
05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Vanilla Moose works well.

joshtpa
05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Vanilla moose works very well.^^^^

Vintage
05-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I should swing by Target and get a Magic Eraser for now, I forgot I can use HD Cleanse. I may look into ordering Vanilla Moose just to try it out.

Has anyone ever tried KAIO on glass? I`ve read that you can, just never tried it.

BigAl3
05-22-2007, 01:07 PM
just bought some, we`ll see how it works out (have yet to be dissapointed with any DG product)...

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0755.jpg

Is a blend of cleaners and selected abrasives formulated to remove water spots from glass surfaces. Removes water spots without scratching the glass surface. Can be applied by hand or mechanical buffer.

Vintage
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
just bought some, we`ll see how it works out (have yet to be dissapointed with any DG product)...

Is a blend of cleaners and selected abrasives formulated to remove water spots from glass surfaces. Removes water spots without scratching the glass surface. Can be applied by hand or mechanical buffer.Where did you buy that from?

coupe
05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
probably carquest

Deviant
05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
If the spots are really etched on, Zaino glass polish and a Rotary does a good job of restoring the glass. I used a green pad at around 1400 rpms.

Other then that, the above said products should work good

Wetwerks
05-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I should swing by Target and get a Magic Eraser for now, I forgot I can use HD Cleanse. I may look into ordering Vanilla Moose just to try it out.

Has anyone ever tried KAIO on glass? I`ve read that you can, just never tried it.

Depends on how bad the water spot are. Yes, KAIO will work, (very well when we have used it) usually with an orange or green edge pad on the PC.

Walter

Co-owner

BigAl3
05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Where did you buy that from?

carquest. luckily for me, i was there right when they opened all the boxes and onto the cart before putting them out. i don`t have to worry in the back of my mind how old the product has been sitting around... :)

Vintage
05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
carquest. luckily for me, i was there right when they opened all the boxes and onto the cart before putting them out. i don`t have to worry in the back of my mind how old the product has been sitting around... :)

Well I couldn`t find any on the way over there after work so here`s what I wound up doing:

1.) Magic Eraser - this removed about 80% but there were still many thin lined rings all over.

2.) HD Cleanse - worked it in with a mf and then buffed it out. It got out the rest of the spots.

3.) Stoner Invisible Glass - with a mf to remove and streaks or residue from the HD Cleanse.

4.) Rain-X - I`m trying to finish up my last 2 bottles. Going to try Aquapel once this is gone.

The glass sparkled perfectly - it better since it`s only 3 weeks old. I still want to pick up some of the Duragloss product for the future. Thank you for all of the suggestions, I am very happy to have found Autopia!:2thumbs:

rkf76
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Looks like I need to get a magic eraser, my gf has some water spots I need to take care of on her car.

imported_DJBAILEY
05-24-2007, 02:21 AM
When a Magic Eraser dampened with vinegar does get everything I use a 4" orange pad with an electric drill and either use the Zaino Z-12, Autoglym Glass polish or the DG Nu-Glass glass polishes. I tape off all the rubber seals. I clean the top 2/3 of the window with the it 1/3 of the way rolled down. Then I roll the window up and do the bottom 1/3. With the 4" orange pad on a drill the water spots are gone in no time. Spend more time taping off the rubber seals.

BlackElantraGT
05-24-2007, 04:34 AM

Is a blend of cleaners and selected abrasives formulated to remove water spots from glass surfaces. Removes water spots without scratching the glass surface. Can be applied by hand or mechanical buffer.

I`m definitely looking forward to your review of this product. I almost threw it in my AG shopping cart the last time but figured I`d wait so I could use the few bucks towards another big AG order.