PDA

View Full Version : Over the counter wash shampoo recommendation, please.

Pages : [1] 2

EdenResident
05-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I need one that I can buy at my local Autozone or Costco. It should be gentle enough not to strip off wax and provide lots of suds since I`m going to use it with my foam gun.

So far I`ve heard that Armor All and Megs Gold Class are the best of them. Any thing better? What would you choose between those 2 products?

Thanks.

bjackson8
05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Megs Gold Class is a great shampoo. IMO, one of the Best OTC shampoos around.

I`ve tried the ArmorAll stuff, and was not impressed at all.

Junebug
05-22-2007, 09:48 AM
If you have a Carquest or NAPA close, pick up Duragloss car wash, much better than Megs or AA.

EdenResident
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah there is a CarQuest near I live.

So is Duragloss any more expensive than the Megs? Thanks.

BigJimZ28
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Meg`s Gold Class. or Meg`s NTX

both are great!

awahl63
05-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Duragloss is a little more expensive than gold class but it`s worth it

Accumulator
05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
If you have a Carquest or NAPA close, pick up Duragloss car wash, much better than Megs or AA.

Yeah, people who share my love of Griot`s Car Wash often like the DG. Autobody/paint supply places often have Meg`s #62, which is *MUCH* better than GC (which I`m not favorably impressed with).

wannafbody
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Another vote for Duragloss

BlackElantraGT
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
My local Costcos only seem to carry the Turtle Wax Ice car wash for $6.99/gal. Hardly any product (especially the Turtle Wax Ice polish) has moved at most of the stores I`ve been to, so I wonder if and when they`ll clearance them out and what they`ll bring in next?

As for the Duragloss wash, it`s some really good stuff, a lot better than Meg`s Gold Class or NXT. I`ve been a NXT soap user since the line came out (before that it was Gold Class) and the price was what held me back on purchasing the Duragloss soap. But after purchasing a small bottle, I ended up getting a whole gallon of it. IMO, I feel that it`s worth the price premium.

The only problem will be trying to locate a Carquest near you that carries it. For me, in a way I almost don`t consider Carquest to be OTC because it`s not like a normal retail store with normal hours like Autozone, Kragens, PepBoys, etc.

BigAl3
05-22-2007, 12:59 PM
if you can make it over to sams club they have the Turtle Wax Emerald Car Wash - 128 fl. oz. jug for $5.88. as BlackElantraGT, awahl63, wannafbody, and JuneBug pointed out... DG 901 is excellent, and better than anything i`ve used thus far! :2thumbs:

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0901.jpg

EdenResident
05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah Sams club is too far for me. So I`ll hunt for DG then if I can`t find it, I`ll settle for the GC.

Thanks guys.

Junebug
05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
There is a sale on DG car wash through the end of the month at Carquest (i think) anyway, I`m lucky that the Carquest near me is open 7 days a week. They also stock 3M and Megs Mirror Glaze line - word is that they Detail Line from Megs is coming too.

awahl63
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
There is a sale on DG car wash through the end of the month at Carquest (i think) anyway, I`m lucky that the Carquest near me is open 7 days a week. They also stock 3M and Megs Mirror Glaze line - word is that they Detail Line from Megs is coming too.

Detailer Line? Wow that`s awesome :goodjob Carquest

Bunky
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM

What is your criteria on car wash soaps? Cleaning, suds, appearance after washing?

Curious.....

AutoCadillac
05-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I picked up a bottle of Black Magic Car Wash a few months ago and have been pleased. I think I bought it because it was on sale. I use a foam gun and it really does foam well, probably better than any soap I`ve used. It smells nice to me, seems to clean well and the suds last. I think Gold Class is slicker but this stuff isn`t bad.