PDA

View Full Version : help critique my process

hey_i'm_new
05-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Well… Here’s my process (on white car) with this orbital I have:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92194

Wash (whatever products I decide to use to decontaminate/to remove EVERYTHING)

Clay during my wash (recommend me a quality/user-friendly claybar)

Dry (if I have to before my next step)

Zymol Cleaner Wax (is it ok to wash off instead of remove with my orbital?)

Wash

Doubt I need to polish (I’m getting conflicting information on this website regarding polishes)

Wax (Meguiars Deep System Carnauba A2216)

Appreciate the help... thanks~!

kapinnn
05-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I`ve never clayed while washing. But then again... I`m a perma-noob. I usually do it with a QD after I dry the car.

TriumphGT6
05-22-2007, 09:23 AM
That orbital is not going to do really anything.

The below should all be OTC for you. I`m also assuming you don`t have a PC7424 or a nice Rotary(say Makita or Hitachi) so a scratch removal product and step aren`t included. There are plenty of other excellent products other than what I listed, but those just came to mind; plenty of online bought products as well. but the process would be the same.

Wash - Say Megs Gold Class, NXT or Duragloss 901

Dry.

Clay - Claymagic, Mother`s California Gold, Meguiar`s Clay Kit

Wash again. Dry.

Sealant - Mothers Reflections, Megs 21, Duragloss 105TPP; any you could top with Aquawax.

or Wax - Megs 26, S100(try motorcycle shop), Collinite 845

Accumulator
05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
hey_i`m_new- Dry after the clay-while-you-wash. Don`t let the wash dry while you`re claying.

If you polish with something decent (*not* Deep Crystal step #2) then you won`t need the cleaner wax; the polish will do that step.

IF you`re going OTC and just getting started with this stuff, then the cleaner-wax/straight wax might be a safe, fairly easy way to go.

Buff off the cleaner-wax, don`t try to wash it off.

Don`t wash after the cleaner wax, just go straight to the final wax.

The cleaner-wax then straight wax combo is OK, but I`d use something better than the DC#3 unless you already have it and just *must* use it up.