PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Yellow and Orange pads

00GREENMACHINE
05-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Is there that much difference inbetween the 2? I have a orange but even with SSR 2.5 I cant remove water spots on the hood. I have also tried IP on the orange pad. If a yellow pad is used will there swirls/hazing left behind. My entire car does not have these water spots only the top of hood toward the glass and on the top of the roof. I have a pc.

lucky6025
05-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi, depending on how bad the water spots are,if these are etched into the paint or clear coat.You might want to try mixing 50/50 distilled water with
distilled white vinegar and after doing first wash with usual car wash soap
then use vin/water then try claying then try you pc with orange pad and IP,
not sure if that will work or not might have to use rotary with powergloss,
wipe residue off with 50/50 water iso alcohol, then move onto IP followed by FP then maybe a glaze then you wax.hope this helps.

00GREENMACHINE
05-24-2005, 07:08 AM
thanks, will any cheap rotary work? I am scared to use one being the paint is black. I do have about a 8oz bottle of powergloss. The fella that gave it to me said it would not work on the pc.

lucky6025
05-24-2005, 09:45 AM
As long as the rotary has viable speed and can use same pad size as
pc you have no problem there, make sure buffer has 5/8-#11 thread then you can buy backing plate for that and use same pads for either machine.Just watch you speed and motion.With
rotary start out with 1200rpm`s and don`t sit on any spots.Start with
orange pad with IP and see what results you get, if nothing then try
powergloss then when almost gone move to IP. But first start of with good washing then onto vinegar and water on bad spots then clay then rotary
if you use powergloss after buffing wipe off with 50/50 iso alcohol and water
don`t want to leave residue behind.