PDA

View Full Version : Mr

mdb33
05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Haven`t posted or read this forum in a long time, but I just bought a new Audi A4 (black) this past Friday and needed some brushing up on technique so I don`t jack it up. The dealership already helped with that part, two small buffer hollograms and some minor micro marring.

I had been using Zaino Z2pro on my silver A3 and keeping it in good shape. I haven`t been keeping up with their product line and was surprised to see the Zaino Clear and AIO which I just ordered and should have tomorrow, along with the Z5 pro which I only had Z5 which probably had expired.

Planning on ordering a foam gun tonight or tomorrow so this Saturday I can get started. I am posting a few pics for your opinion. I just washed it today with some Poor Boys car wash and then slapped a coat of Z5 on it just for protection. Z5`ed the windows, lights etc, and used Z2 pro on the rims the day I got it.

Here is my plan for this Saturday, please let me know if I am missing or doing too much. Plan on washing with dawn to strip everything off, then using clay, another wash with Zaino z7, Zaino AIO, Z6, Z5-pro, Z6, Z5-pro, Z6, then top it off with Zaino clear. Let me know what you think.

http://hollandfamily.terryink.com/Zoo/_DSC0022.jpg

http://hollandfamily.terryink.com/Zoo/_DSC0023.jpg

http://hollandfamily.terryink.com/Zoo/_DSC0026.jpg

http://hollandfamily.terryink.com/Zoo/_DSC0027.jpg

http://hollandfamily.terryink.com/Zoo/_DSC0033.jpg

silvergray
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Your process sounds pretty good!

How do you like the new A4? Thats the exact car I plan on ordering within the next few weeks. Black on Black 2.0 6MT S-Line. So beautiful!

mdb33
05-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Your process sounds pretty good!

How do you like the new A4? Thats the exact car I plan on ordering within the next few weeks. Black on Black 2.0 6MT S-Line. So beautiful!

I love it so far, but only have about 150 miles on it. I loved my A3 also and she had a little extra under the hood... wink wink.

I was going back and forth between another A4 non S-line with more options but really wanted the 18" rims and tires and liked the shift knob and suspension on the s-line so I gave up the upgraded stereo system and heated seats. To be honest I couldn`t tell much difference on the radio besides the upgraded one came with Sirius which I wouldn`t use after the free trial. The heated seats were a trade off because this one has bluetooth instead and it worked out that the bluetooth is way cooler. :woot2: :woot2:

I can`t wait to get all my new Zaino and the foam gun and get to work on Saturday. Hopefully she`ll come out even prettier than today`s quickie I gave her.

P.S. I wanted silver but there was only 1 silver in the SouthEast and it was in TX and I didn`t want to pay $1500 to truck it in. This black one was the only one they had on the lot and they worked me a smokin` deal. Hope I don`t regret the black... haven`t gone down this devil`ish road since my 2003 G35 Coupe. Was silver after that on the WRX and A3. We shall see!!!

silvergray
05-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Good choice on getting the S-Line, its a while lot sportier than the standard A4s!

And you will love the foam gun. Its one of my favorite detailing tools - makes washing so much easier.

If you don`t mind my asking, but what did you pay for the A4? I`m not sure what the dealers are willing to knock off sticker, I`ve only been given offers of $800 and $1400 off??

J.J.
05-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Nice car! Foam guns are kewl. I really enjoy using mine.

If you are going to clay, you can use a car specfic shampoo. The dawn will add nothing to the cleaning if you are going to clay the entire car.

I don`t use Zaino so I have no recommendations in that area. There are plenty of people that use Zaino though. I`m sure they will chime in with their recommendations soon enough.

JJ

Accumulator
05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
IMO you`re gonna need something more abrasive than the ZAIO. I`ve only experimented with it a little bit, but on my wife`s A8 it was too mild to correct anything (but also too abrasive to use on the black plastic around the sideview mirrors).

mdb33
05-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I was pretty sure I didn`t need the dawn, but figured it wouldn`t be a bad first wash step before claying plus then I didn`t waste my Zaino z7 car wash or my poor boys soap.

I really don`t need the Zaino AIO as the paint is in good shape for the most part, but I figured I would try it out. I will post pictures after this weekend once I get everything done.

The foam gun was ordered from FL this morning (autogeek) and I`m in GA so it should arrive before the weekend hopefully.

I paid invoice btw.

Accumulator
05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I was pretty sure I didn`t need the dawn, but figured it wouldn`t be a bad first wash step before claying plus then I didn`t waste my Zaino z7 car wash or my poor boys soap..

The only issue I have with (infrequent) Dawn use is that it is utterly lacking in lubricity. That`s no biggie if you`re gonna be polishing anyhow, but if your paint is in good condition (before the wash) it could be a problem if you end up inducing marring that you`ll then have to polish out. I`d rather spend a few bucks on shampoo than a few hours on marring removal.

Hope it goes well!