PDA

View Full Version : Clean pad before changing compounds

anubus12
05-21-2007, 03:36 PM
This may be a really stupid question, but if I wanted to try a few different products and don`t have more than one of any colored pads, should I or do I need to wash throroughly it and let dry before putting on a different product?

I know I have to buy more pads, but I wanted to try a few different products quickly with what I have.

Thanks for any inputs.

mikebai1990
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes, I believe it`s best that you wash out your pads thoroughly before changing polishes/compounds.

TwinTowers
05-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Do you "have to" or "should you" might be a better question. You should try to get off as much of the previous product before changing to another product. For example, if you went from an agressive cut to a mild cut, it is a good idea to remove as much of the agressive polish as you can to ensure that the finer polish isnt contaminated.

If you want to try a couple of different products on the same pad?? I say go for it. I know that is what I did when I only had one pad and wanted to try out some different stuff.

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I`m probably way off base here, but here`s what I do...

When I`m trying to figure out what polish to use, I grab the color pad i think is appropriate, then do an application of the polish. If it`s not what I want and I want to try a different product, I use a nylon brush on the pad, apply the next product, and have at it again. I keep doing this til i find the product that`s giving me the results I want. At that point, I grab a new clean pad and have at it.

imported_paradigm
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
i do what superbee364 does...works fine. i would only be very careful when going down from a stronger polish to a lighter one...but stepping up in strength won`t harm much w/out washing inbetween.

SShine
05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I have 6 pads of each color, it makes things much easier