PDA

View Full Version : In-Line Water Filtration

slick61
05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Has anyone used the inline water filtration cartridges? (i.e. those on Autogeek)

I`ve been "getting by" using the Mr. Clean Auto-dry, but the filter refills are getting harder & harder to find. Am thinking it`s time to step up to the next level. Am not quite ready yet to install a whole-house filtration system yet. I have really hard water, & if I don`t use something, I have white spots all over the car. Living in the desert above L.A. doesn`t help... can`t hardly dry the car fast enough. Would welcome any input...

kapinnn
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey man, I feel your pain. I too have been using the Mr Clean Auto dry but it`s not cutting anymore. I bought the Autogeek filtration system with the 2 filters. It should arrive sometime in the next 2 days. I`ll install it and let you know how it turns out!

Oh yeah, I live in the Denver, CO area and it`s pretty arid here and it gets really hot. We have similar climates.

paul34
05-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Garden Hose Filters (http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm)

Same thing as the AG stuff, but a bit cheaper. Savings might not be worth it depending on whether you`re buying other stuff from AG, though.

Let us know how it works; I`m interested in these filters as well.

kapinnn
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh man... they pay for shipping too! Would have saved a buck...

Oh well, anyway. I`ll make sure I run some tests with pictures in a sunny day. Anything in particular you guys want to know?

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Garden Hose Filters (http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm)

Same thing as the AG stuff, but a bit cheaper. Savings might not be worth it depending on whether you`re buying other stuff from AG, though.

Let us know how it works; I`m interested in these filters as well.

I bought mine from the place linked above. Quite a bit cheaper than AG. I got the two cartridge system and put softener filters in each one.

Really does help to cut down on water spots, but where I live, the water is so hard that a final WW drying is still needed to come out completely spot free. YMMV according to how hard your water is.

Looks like this:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/floorpizza/IMG_0263.jpg

kapinnn
05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Does it affect the flow of water by much?

joshtpa
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
It would depend on how bad your water is as to how much pressure you will get.

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
It would depend on how bad your water is as to how much pressure you will get.

Yup, what Josh said. It drops my flow rate from 5 GPM without the filters to 3.5 GPM with, cause the water is so hard. If you`re going to use the filter(s) witha pressure washer, make sure you measure the flow rate coming from the filters and don`t go below the minimum flow rate recommended by the pressure washer manufacturer.

paul34
05-21-2007, 05:48 PM
SuperBee, do you think that if you only bought the single cartridge filter you would have seen "enough" improvement? Considering how hard your water sounds, it definitely sounds like a good idea that you got the double unit! :)

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
No, Paul, I think the water where I`m at needs both of em. I still get some spots if i let my cars air dry.