PDA

View Full Version : Closest wax to Zymol Estate Glaze looks

ron231
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Off the top of my head I can name Victoria Concours, CG pete`s 53, Souveran, and World`s Best Wax, these I have all heard approach the EGs in terms of looks, but are there any others?

imported_themightytimmah
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
In my eyes, CG 50:50 is the most similar look that you can get from a lower-priced wax. It comes closer to matching the range of color and crisp reflections of the big dog than any other wax I`ve used.

dogma
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Worlds best wax gets my vote although I love 50/50 and Petes 53. I believe that

Worlds best Wax site has been updated , check it out.

bimmerzhp
05-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Pinnacle waxes.

joshtpa
05-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Pinnacle Souveran looks similar and I think P21S looks similar as well.

imported_DieselMDX
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
imo souveran comes to mind

imported_paradigm
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
/flame suit on

with proper prep, i bet 99% of people won`t know the difference if you use collinite 845, pinnacle, etc. :)

/flame suit still on! hahahaha

kleraudio
05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
paradigm, I am putting my flame suit on as well.......

I really really really agree with you!

flame suit getting warm.....

Jim

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I`m with para and kler :nana:

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
LoL, I guess since I recently bought Zymol Vintage, i should be getting my hackles up, cracking my knuckles, and pounding the keyboard..... But I can`t.

I haven`t ever seen the finish left by any of the other waxes mentioned in this thread. I would be willing to bet, however, that all of them are top notch, and as mentioned, would need a trained eye to see any real differences.

I am quite pleased with the Vintage.

firegate
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
IIRC, Souveran was designed to mimic the appearance of Zymol Destiny. I prefer the look of Souveran to the Zymol`s I`ve tried so far.

ron231
05-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Scottwax, can you chime in here? I usually trust your opinions.

Mikeyc
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I have to STRONGLY disagree with the guys who said Collonite 845 looks the same as a Zymol EG. My guess is that neither of them have ever used a Zymol EG. I have and I can tell you the look of 845 is different from the look of a Zymol EG. Just to name one thing 845 gives a lot more flake pop. I will agree though that 99% of the general public wouldn`t know that there was a difference. But the 1% of the population who would notice the difference are the people who post here.

I will also agree with the people who said Souveran has a similar look to Zymol EGs. It`s not exactly the same, but it`s not too far off. Souveran IMO doesn`t have quite the reflective accuracy of Zymol EGs plus IME I get greater durability from Zymol.

lbls1
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
There can be an astonishing difference between some of those waxes against Zymol, given the same prep. Contrary to popular opinion, Zymol`s strength doesn`t lie in its gloss or sheen. Its real prowess is in the fidelity of its rendering power and depth of reflection. But to answer the question, the closest I`ve seen so far has been Victoria Wax, CG`s 50/50 (closer to Zymol`s Hand Crafted waxes) and maybe Swissol.

Edit: Forgot my closing line...........There`s only one true way that you will be able to tell the difference for yourself .........

SuperBee364
05-21-2007, 11:02 PM
There can be an astonishing difference between some of those waxes against Zymol, given the same prep. Contrary to popular opinion, Zymol`s strength doesn`t lie in its gloss or sheen. Its real prowess is in the fidelity of its rendering power and depth of reflection. But to answer the question, the closest I`ve seen so far has been Victoria Wax, CG`s 50/50 (closer to Zymol`s Hand Crafted waxes) and maybe Swissol.

Agree 100% with that statement. Yellow isn`t known for being a "deep" color. My `bee with Zaino looked very shiny, but had no depth. With Vintage, the gloss and shine is about the same, but you can now see in to the paint. Lot`s of depth. From yellow! The vintage also darkened and enriched the color. I`m finding myself wishing for pictures of my car in Zaino and in Vintage. You would definitely see the difference in depth and color.