PDA

View Full Version : DG AW on glass??

Pages : [1] 2

bast525
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Just wondering... I know some of these newer products work for glass as well as paint/clearcoat. I would like the idea of a protective layer on my glass to keep it from getting water spotted.

I just recently figured out that Meg`s QD spray works GREAT as a glass cleaner as well, leaving NO streaks and requiring only a very small amount to clean a whole windshield (on very light spray on the MF was all it took). I would have thought it would leave some streaks/residue but it came out crystal clear.

GlossyTundra
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I use AW on every car I detail, glass and all. Works fantastic, no streaks, and it beads like crazy.

chutney
05-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Me too, AW replaced Rain-X for windshields.

TigerMike
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I use AW on all hard surfaces, including glass. Gives nice beading to the windows and aids in their "self-cleaning" ability when driving at speed. Works pretty much like Rain-X for me...

Dan
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Iquit using rainx and now just use AW for the windows even though I don`t really use it for paint all the time.

BigAl3
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
i`ll either use a QD or AW for the outer part of the glass (use a regular glass cleaner in the inside since i have tint), since there are hardly any streaks after i dry with a WW or MF towel....

P1et
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Just bought a few bottles of AW, that`s a good idea on using it for the windows. I used to use Z2 Pro which worked well.

Crusader101
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I have always treated my glass the same as my paint finish and used whatever product(s) I applied to the paint, to the glass as well.

bast525
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Awesome thanks guys! I wasn`t sure if the AW would leave streaks or whatever on the glass. I was pretty blown away when I saw how well Meg`s QD spray works for cleaning glass!! They should mention that on the bottle... I just wasted $5 on a dedicated glass cleaner that I didn`t need.

I will hit the windows with AW too... hopefully no more worries about water spots etching my glass!

thesacrifice
05-23-2007, 04:14 AM
waterspots on glass is a plague we all feel bro!

bast525
06-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the info all.

Washed the car and hit it with DG AW today and went the extra step of using it on the exterior glass. It definately seems to work well... went on easy and came off easy w/o any visible streaking. Right away I can feel the difference in the texture of the glass. When I was wiping the glass down with an MF, it was sort of `sticky`... the MF didn`t wipe across the surface smoothly. After applying the AW, the glass is super slippery and there is NO feelable friction when I wipe with MF.

It is due to rain here in a day or two so I`m kind of interested to see how the water adheres to the windows now but I expect good things. NO MORE WATER SPOTS I hope!!!

stanger
06-01-2007, 08:40 PM
wow i learned something else new here today, i figured the AW on the windshield would make the wipers skip when using them in the rain( i thought i remembered reading that on some bottle of wax years ago to not apply to windshield)....gonna try it on my next wash.:cool:

mikebai1990
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I dunno... I don`t believe that AW really eliminates the water spots. The water spots definitely wash away from easier, but on our windshield (Collinite+AW), water spots are still present after rain+sun.

dcapone
06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
After reading this thread, I`m thinking hitting my exterior windows with the steps of my paint. A few questions though...

1. I`m curious if there are any products that should I should avoid using on glass?

2. Are their certain products that "adhere" better to the glass surface than others that will allow the protection to last longer?

3. Any problem using a PC on glass? White pad OK, or should I just use black no matter the product being applied since the windows are clean, just looking for some rain-x type of action. (Lake County Pads)

dcapone
06-04-2007, 10:53 PM
bump.......