View Full Version : DP Mild Swirl Eliminator Review

GregCavi
05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Product

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gregdrumsaero/dpmsr.gif

Price

$14.95 - 16 oz.

Packing Info

It is your standard plastic bottle. Look like it will last.

Description

DP Mild Swirl Eliminator is a thick lotion loaded with lubricants and tiny diminishing abrasives to smooth the sharp edges of swirls and scratches. When swirls and scratches occur, penetration of the clear coat or paint results in sharp edges of displaced clear coat surrounding the indention. The microscopic abrasives wear down the displaced clear coat and smooth the sharp edges so the blemish is level with the surrounding area. As the abrasives work, they diminish under the friction generated by the applicator until they melt into the creamy formula. Lubricating oils prevent additional swirls and scratches. DP Mild Swirl Eliminator also removes light oxidation, overspray, light scratches, and etched water spots. Paint will appear clean, clear, and vibrant as imperfections and contaminants are removed.

Color/Scent

The polish is baby blue! I like the color. It has a chemical scent which doesnt really bother me, but it is nice to ahve something nice to smell while polishing.

How i used it

I followed the directions on the bottle. I applied via pc and polishing pad until it lightly dusted and then removed with a clean mf towel.

Thoughts

I really liked this polish. It really yeilded good results. It did have some dusting which isnt as bad as many other popular polishes so it didnt really bother me that much. It left a very clean and sharp look after the polish was removed. I would say this had an abrasivness of about 4/10 and it compared to megs #80.

Site

http://www.autogeek.net/dp545.html

Polished with DP mild swirl eliminator, aio, ts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gregdrumsaero/P5220634.jpg

Questions/Comments

Greg

holland_patrick
05-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Nice job I like the review it put`s mine to shame..Too bad you didn`t have the Final polish to go along that stuff is SWEET.... Squeeky clean paint..

GregCavi
05-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I saw your review. It was great. Give yourself some credit haha. I am tempted to get some more of the dp stuff it all seems great.

Greg

G35stilez
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the review Greg.

Have you used it via rotary? Did you finish with a flawless finish before AIO?

GregCavi
05-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Sean i havent purchased a rotary YET. Planning on it. I went straight to AIO after the MER. I got the samples but they got a little messed up. I ordered hand and got. The QD, the MSE and the Sealent. HTH

Greg

JeffM
05-24-2005, 07:40 PM
This stuff is my favorite med polish right now. Is really user friendly, doesnt dust hardly at all, wipes off easy enough, and gentle on trim, S&W takes it off.

The finish it prosuces is very nice also, and followed up with their final finish gives it that extra 1% only wackjobs can see lol. FF is very, very sweet, big ups to the guys for this polish line.