PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Ultimate QD - mini review

jfelbab
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I got a couple bottles last week and proceeded to apply on two vehicles. First thing I noticed is that the aerosol spray delivers a really fine even mist. Excellent spray head. OK, on to the product.

This applied and wiped as easy as Final Inspection. Beautiful results with no streaking. Very slippery finish. Toss a MF on the paint and it will slide right off. Now for the good part.

I was out yesterday in a downpour. The water was racing to get off the paint much like you see after you apply RainX on the glass. I was on the highway for about an hour. The rain stopped and I was bemoaning the fact that I would have to wash the car again. When I arrived home I found a completely dry and clean car. Very impressed by this action.

I decided to wash the car today and the water beads like a fresh coat of #16 under the hose. after washing I removed the nozzle and let the hose sheet off the water and this was the best sheeting action I`ve ever seen.

This QD is now my favorite QD. I think this is their best QD product and they have a couple pretty good QD`s.

Kind of expensive as QD`s go at $9.99 for 22 ounces but a little goes a long way and I`ve not had a QD that is as effective.

kapinnn
05-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Where did you get the product? I noticed the website just changed from "soon" to "available now". I checked my local autozone and pepboys and did not find it. =\

sneek
05-20-2007, 11:57 PM
:( I won the draw, but I don`t think I will get my prize

mblgjr
05-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Please let us know how the durability seems after a bit.

At least it wasn`t washed away by the rain and a wash job.

BigAl3
05-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Please let us know how the durability seems after a bit.

agreed, i wonder how it compares to AW...

optimusp517
05-21-2007, 12:59 AM
The real question like everyone mentioned is durability... Let us know of some updates in a few weeks. I`d love to find out about this.

imported_DieselMDX
05-21-2007, 04:09 AM
:( I won the draw, but I don`t think I will get my prize

what do you mean why are you not going to get the bottle??

imported_DieselMDX
05-21-2007, 04:10 AM
how would you describe the "look" of the QD?

DM101
05-21-2007, 06:52 AM
The look is very good. Not as good as FK425 or Quickshine but close. I still like #34, or final touch for cleaning abilities.

jfelbab
05-21-2007, 08:26 AM
how would you describe the "look" of the QD?

I`ve been a longtime fan of Final Inspection and I find the look just as good and maybe subjectively a tad better. It certainly is a lot slicker than #34.

It`s a QD so I didn`t really expect it to last for weeks. It`s not billed as a booster wax or quick wax product. After the rain and a wash the surface was still very slippery though.

I ordered the product from Meg`s. Since I had another order for some of their detailer line I added a couple bottles to try out.

Funny thing is I got the QD but the rest of the order hasn`t arrived yet. Guess I need to make a call today. Probably the other stuff I ordered needed to be shipped ground. The QD came FedEx.

DM101
05-22-2007, 06:21 AM
The look is very good. Not as good as FK425 or Quickshine but close. I still like #34, or final touch for cleaning abilities.

I would like to do a follow up on Meg. UQD. I like it better each time I use it. It leaves a great slick finish. Very noticeable with cloth sliding around after aplication. Makes my Opti-seal , Pin Sourveran finish shine and gives a deeper look. Definitely a two thumbs up from me.

kapinnn
05-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Nice, I was almost out of Meg`s Speed Detailer (for my motorcycle) anyway. I`ll give this a try...