PDA

View Full Version : Reviews: Optimum Polis-Seal and Edge 2000 pads

imported_bigfoot
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, so today I was finally able to test my new productsd, and for the first time I used my PC. Great Machine!:buffing: Now I decided to use it on my moderatly swirled 05 Corolla Mystic Blue. Here are my results...

Optimum Poli-Seal: Great product to apply, goes on easy, goes of easier! I used the 6" Green Edge pad to make the whole deal of the car. Used this particual method... Applied 4 dots(around 3/8" dia. each) on the pad, then with the PC of, spread it a little bit over the worked area, just enough to not have a lot on the pad. After that, spreaded into the whole area @ speed 3 just enough to have product into the working area. Then, cranked the PC to speed 6 and worked it in up-down-side-side method. After around 3-5 minutes working time, I removed with a plush MF. The results were amazing! I could see the orange peel in a whole new dimension!:spit: It did removed a considerable amount of swirls, and it looks a lot better than before to me! No hazing from using a green pad at all! I loved it! The surface was smotth as it can be! Lots of slickness, and a whole lot more shine! Definetly a must have in every detailers bin!

Edge 2000 6" pads: Let me start by saying that I have Not used the LC pad system and this is just a review based on first time use and experience with the Edge pads. Today, I only used the green pad, since I started late and didn`t had enough time to do a whole polish. I`m also expecting the Blue pad which was out of stock at the time of purchase, but Bob @ Danase got me covered there (Thanks, Bob! :2thumbs: ) I had a little hard time trying to put the pad into the adapter, which I later figured out it was user error:chuckle: I then started to apply the OPS on the roof, hood and trunk! Wow, the pads were at full contact all the time. What I loved the most out of them is that it was pretty easy to flip to the other side and continue working within seconds! What I would like to see from this pads, though, is to see some low profile pads, since this ones are pretty thick(Aaron, hint hint!:D ) Apart of that, I think they`re excellent! Great pads, and when you compare prices, The Edge comes out to be cheaper than 2 LC, which works for me, the poor guy :LOLOL

Hope you enjoy the review and feel free to flame me or make any question you have!

Joey:woot2:

Old Pirate
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Great writeup on you use on poli-seal and the edge pads. I haven`t got a PC or pads yet but reading on some great write ups from folks like you got me going crazy to get one setup, just waiting for the new PC that`s coming out soon. Thanks P.S. ( Mako 51 clear for takeoff ,departure control button 4, turn right on course , climb and maintain 5000 ft , contact GCA at 10 miles from departure):2thumbs:

imported_bigfoot
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Great writeup on you use on poli-seal and the edge pads. I haven`t got a PC or pads yet but reading on some great write ups from folks like you got me going crazy to get one setup, just waiting for the new PC that`s coming out soon. Thanks P.S. ( Mako 51 clear for takeoff ,departure control button 4, turn right on course , climb and maintain 5000 ft , contact GCA at 10 miles from departure):2thumbs:

Rgr that!:chuckle: I`m glad that the review helped you to clarify some questions concerning the pads and Poli-Seal. More than willing to help! Turn right heading 105, descend and mantain 1,800, Report runway in sight.:hm