PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 didnt work, whats next?

Pages : [1] 2

brett3116
05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, in hopes of keeping pollen from turning my paint yellow, I put on 845 thinking it would do the trick. Its been about a month and its like the stuff isnt even on there. It beads nice, but as far as sticky pollen goes, it doesn`t get the job done. So my question is what protective wax should I try next? The small yellow spots are hard to see from afar, but its getting to be ridiculous.

joshtpa
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you considering sealants? If so, give JW products a try.

mikebai1990
05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
brett, I`m not sure how changing from Collinite 845 will prevent the pollen from turning your paint yellow. Also, the pollen season is almost over, and I would definitely not give up on the Collinite.

wannafbody
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
pollen will fall on any product. Some pollen is worse than others but it is all fairly nasty. Just wash the car more often this time of year.

usdm
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM
pollen will fall on any product. Some pollen is worse than others but it is all fairly nasty. Just wash the car more often this time of year.

Agreed on that. Ive tried FK1, Klasse, Meguiars, Zaino, CK, Gliptone, and a few others. None have had any real effect deflecting pollen. Dust, yeah, but not pollen.

imported_Yal
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
You`re kidding me right? Nothing will stop your car from turning yellow short of a car cover.

mblgjr
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Hit it with some FK425 after you wash and every morning.

Pollen is going to settle no matter what, but maybe you can dust it off a bit. Kinda what we have QD`s for.

brett3116
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
You`re kidding me right? Nothing will stop your car from turning yellow short of a car cover.

This is sticky pollen that clings on about the size of a meal worm. The whole spot it touches it leaves yellow. You cant get it off the paint, its stained in. I just want to clarify Im not talking about pollen dust. Washing my truck more often does nothing. I can wash it one evening, and by morning it will have some pollen on it, but it already has stained the paint yellow. I guess I`ll just have to get a cover for it.

imported_Steelth
05-20-2007, 10:20 PM
This is sticky pollen that clings on about the size of a meal worm. The whole spot it touches it leaves yellow. You cant get it off the paint, its stained in. I just want to clarify Im not talking about pollen dust. Washing my truck more often does nothing. I can wash it one evening, and by morning it will have some pollen on it, but it already has stained the paint yellow. I guess I`ll just have to get a cover for it.

Have you polished the truck yet? If it`s as bad as it sounds wait till season is over but sounds like it needs a good polishing pollen is a SOB for sure.

brett3116
05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
a good polishing? I thought waxing was polishing?

imported_Steelth
05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
No Polishing is when using either a PC (Porter Cable) or Rotary to level and take off part of the clear coat. Wax is just a protecting layer on top of the clear coat.

Dan
05-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Are you sure you aren`t talking about tree sap? If so, nothing will keep that from sticking unless you wax once a week, maybe then....

coupe
05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
a good polishing? I thought waxing was polishing?

Please dont take this the wrong way.

This is my assumption. Since you dont know the difference between polishing and waxing im willing to bet your paint is not prepped before your wax application. Becuase of that nothing you put on the surface is going to last long at all. Your literaly waxing over dirt.

You need to clay, a paint cleaner at minimum and then wax/seal.

Im curious if this is even pollen your speaking of.

mblgjr
05-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a white 2001 GMC that has sat outside all its life....under Pine trees for the most part.

I`ve fought pollen and sap; but never had it stain the paint yellow in any manner.

Waxing is certainly not polishing by any means.

Pictures always help when trying to describe a situation or detail. If you haven`t tried it, pick up a clay kit and try it on the spots you mention.

I`m a sure a visit to this link and some reading will aid in your quest better paint care: :ignore

Autopia Guide to Detailing (http://guidetodetailing.com/topics.php?topicId=17)

imported_Yal
05-21-2007, 10:33 AM

Aaaahhh you must have a Maple or Pine tree nearby. Those trees create pollen from hell!