PDA

View Full Version : What is the graduated rule

Mike K
05-23-2005, 08:26 AM
If you want to increase agressiveness to the next level would you increasse say your Swirl remover i.e., SSR1 to SSR2 using the same cut pad; or would you increase the cust of your pad say from a LC white or orange to yellow and maintain the level of SR

joyriide1113
05-23-2005, 08:59 AM
hmmm.
i have a little routine i tend to follow

this is the routine using the ssr1 line up. its simple and easy to follow and if u`re using another swirl remover u can easily compare it to one of the ssr`s

ssr1-polishing pad
ssr1-light cutting pad

ssr2-polishing pad
ssr2-light cutting pad

ssr2.5- polishing pad
ssr2.5-light cutting pad
ssr2.5-yellow cutting pad

ssr3-light cutting pad
ssr3-cutting pad

(i dont useany of the cutting pads with any of the first two ssr`s because i feel all they would do with those polishes is micromarr and do nothing for the swirls)

Boss_429
05-23-2005, 06:32 PM
If you want to increase agressiveness to the next level would you increasse say your Swirl remover i.e., SSR1 to SSR2 using the same cut pad; or would you increase the cust of your pad say from a LC white or orange to yellow and maintain the level of SR
Mike, that really depends on many variables. If I see that I am "close" to the right cut, I would probably step up to the next product... at least in the case of the SSR1 & SSR2 that are pretty close in abrasiveness. If I see that I am not as close in cut as I want, I would probably step up both.

Again, it really depends on what you are seeing with the pad/product combo you are working with. To be honest, I`m not bashful when it comes to choosing a very aggressive product to start with, so I usually don`t have to do much "searching".

mr2man
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
I agree with Boss. I tend to start aggressive in a tiny area and work from there. With time youll be able to look at any paint job and know what it needs due to your experience.

Mike K
05-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys