PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ black Chrysler Sebring Convertible

moosey
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I need some help choosing products for a late 90s black Sebring. The shine needs brought out. I`m helping wax this for a relative and want some good results. I`ve never owned a black car before and don`t have experience with dark colors. I`ve looked around the forums and found some different opinions and am a bit confused. Here are some questions.

1. It`s a convertible, what is a good product to use on the top that won`t run onto paint/windows when wet? Ragg Top?

- Also, if I`m not sure if it`s cloth or vinyl, how can I know for sure if it`s not written anywhere?

2. I need a good pre-wax and wax combo. I`d like a good balance between durability and shine. I will do 3 steps. Clay bar will be the 1st step.

- There are some swirl marks on the paint (nothing too serious), but they do need taken care of. What would be a good product for this as a 2nd step? Am I looking at something like a Klasse AIO, Zaino AIO or a Duragloss 601/671, P21s cleanser? Or would a Meguiars ScratchX be a better option?

- After the pre-wax, I am confused of what to apply as a 3rd final step. Would these work and which do you think would be best? Klasse SG, Zaino Z-5, Duragloss 105, Natty`s Blue, P21S, Meguiars ColorX?

Thanks for any help in advance. I`ve never used any of these products so I am pretty clueless as to which would be best.

Scottwax
05-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Have you downloaded the Autopia E-book yet? Guide to Detailing (http://guidetodetailing.com/articlenoheader.php?articleId=58)

I`d read through that, it should point you in the right direction.

As far as the top goes, the difference should be pretty obvious. Cloth feels like cloth, vinyl feels like vinyl. :nixweiss

I`d start with just using a shop vac and damp microfiber towel and finish with a lint roller first to see if that gets it clean enough.

imported_themightytimmah
05-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Here`s a Sebring I did in the past

Menzerna FPII/PC 6/white LC to remove light swirl marks (it actually got Powergloss via rotary first)

Natty`s Blue

Poorboy`s Natural look to protect convertible top (it was vinyl IIRC)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/themightytimmah/DSC00018.jpg

moosey
05-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, I checked out the guide and did a little more research. After all that, I decided P21s is out because it doesn`t have the durability I`d want.

After checking with Poorboy`s, I was recommended the Pro Polish followed by Natty`s Blue. So that`s one option I`m debating.

Would using Sonus SwirlBuster be a better option over the Pro Polish though? Then I could follow the Sonus with Natty`s Blue.

After reading the guide, I was wondering if the sealants like Zaino, Klasse and Duragloss would be as good a bet on black paint. I read that they can actually bring out the imperfections so that they`re more noticeable. Is this really the case? That`s why I`m leaning towards Natty`s.

Finally, for the top I`m thinking Ragg Top or Poorboy`s Natural (thanks for the heads up on the product).

Edit: No matter what I`d use, would a follow up with Duragloss AW after future washes be ok?