PDA

View Full Version : Using LC CCS/waffle/eggcrate pads on PC ?

Chugs
05-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I am going to be getting a PC next week and read a few forums (not this one) that using a cutting pad on a DA is not recommended at all. I have read also read that you should not use a waffle or egg-crate pad like the LC CCS on the PC, but a smooth pad instead. I have no idea if this right info or not.

Since i am obviously new to the PC, what pads to you guys recommend.

I have a 01 Silverado that needs a serious detail as it has never been done before and is driven about 60 miles a day and has a few fairly large scratches and lots of swirl marks.

Are the all in one PC kits that are available with the backing plate/pads worth it or should i just get the PC and pads/backing plate separately to suit my needs.

any opinions on pad recommendations would be appreciated.

AL-53
05-20-2007, 03:49 PM
The CCS pads are not waffle or egg crated type pads..the are a flat pad with just small dimple pockets that hold polish....Edge and 3M make a waffle eggcrate type pad ....

Eggcrate pads seem to work better on a rotary..the waffle pads I have do not do good with a PC...The CCS pads I have work great with a PC..not a problem at all....

AL

wannafbody
05-20-2007, 04:36 PM
the CCS pads work great with water based polishes like ZPC. they increase the work time.