PDA

View Full Version : little scratches are still there

imported_TexasNav
05-19-2007, 09:18 PM
What am i doing wrong.....

I am detailing my truck and there are these small scratches, with no real direction to them, and only in different spots, not uniform at all. I started out with a regular wash with dawn to take off the last coat of wax. I then took the clay bar(mothers) and went over it with that and lubricant that came with it. I washed it again with meguiars soap to clean it up. I then proceeded to get my porter cable orbital buffer with Sonus SFX Foam Polishing Pads starting off with the yellow one with meguiars scratch remover #9. I then took the white pad and used it with meguiars glaze #7. My last step was with the meguairs yellow wax #26. I used clean microfiber towels in between each portion. I am still coming up with these slight scratches. What I am doing wrong? I am still fairly new to detailing but I have done alot of homework also and i cent figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imported_themightytimmah
05-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Try using #83 with the yellow pad and then #9 with the white pad and then #7 by hand... the yellow pad is too rough for #9 so its putting in marks that #7 can`t take out because it`s nonabrasive.

imported_TexasNav
05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, but a quick question...correct me if I`m wrong but isnt 83 more abrasive than 9? If so how would putting it on the yellow pad work better. Sorry just confused a little bit.

imported_themightytimmah
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
An abrasive pad needs an abrasive polish to work... using a weak polish with an abrasive pad will leave a mess. You might be able to skip the yellow and try #9 with white, I can`t guarantee it will clean everything up but it`s worth a shot.