PDA

View Full Version : S100 vs. P21S?

jdthompson
05-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is any difference between these product lines?

In particular the Wheel Cleaners and the Total Auto Wash vs. the Motorcycle Cleaner?

It seems here in the UK the S100 products can be had much more cheaply hence the interest.

Be interested in any comments on the differences as well as the two products in general (though that last point is largely covered by a search in fairness).

MBurnickas
05-19-2007, 01:42 PM
buy the S100, basically the same stuff.

sneek
05-19-2007, 01:54 PM
:hide: :hide:

imported_bigfoot
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
As far as I know, they are both the same wax. One is marketed for the automobile area, the other for the motorcycle side.

imported_themightytimmah
05-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I`ve used both and I can`t detect any difference - there may be one at the chemical level, but there is definetly not one at the practical level.

bimmerzhp
05-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I have not used the P21S wheel cleaner, but I have used the S100. It is not a true spray on and hose off. If the wheels are not very dirty you can hose it off. I usually let it sit on my car for 15 minutes a wheel with good safe results.

imported_Yal
05-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I think its absolutely brilliant marketing! :)

jdthompson
05-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Well it`s good marketing assuming that the products are definitely the same.

I did find a thread here that suggested the waxes are different, but my interest is in the wheel cleaners and the Motorcycle Cleaner/Total Auto Wash differences as those are products you could go through fairly quickly so cost matters.

joshtpa
05-20-2007, 03:37 PM
They definately look the same, but the feel of the wax (texture), seems different to me.

imported_Steelth
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
They definately look the same, but the feel of the wax (texture), seems different to me.

I must agree with Josh there. It`s like they did the tiniest thing to change the feel of it but looks are identical.

AL-53
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Aren`t they made by Dr. O.K. Wack in Germany...I believe he was in on the first development of Carlack (klasse) and went off on his own...now has a line of stuff...his Klasse line is called A1 polish ..plus the S100 and p21S and a few others also...

AL

jdthompson
05-21-2007, 02:01 PM
AFAIK some products are made by Wack Chemie in Germany but some are made/marketed in the US (not sure which exactly).

jdthompson
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
As a quick footnote, I was at the Porsche dealers today ordering a touch-up stick and I purchased a 1L bottle of their wheel cleaner as it looked suspiciously like P21S.

Sure enough on the label it says it`s Dr OK Wack Chemie.

Not sure if Porsche cleaning products are the same OEM worldwide but here in the UK it was £10 and available over the counter vs. around £17 plus shipping online.

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
check out the thread on the home page we just started. Spoke to someone today that hopefully puts the argument to rest.

jdthompson
05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah I kind of assumed that was specific to the waxes because of the word "tubs".

Not sure if you can buy the P21S stuff over the counter in the states but here in the UK you can`t and finding the stuff at around 50% of the usual price in the local Porsche dealers seemed like quite a find :)

Incidentally, you can only get the refill kits from Porsche they don`t do the trigger sprays any more. I can find a trigger spray that fits the bottle, but is there a "preferred type" of spray head as the ones I have seem to output a narrow jet rather than a mist/cone of spray, I`d sooner spend a few $$$ on a sprayer that will make the most economical use of the product.