PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax LSP`s AW/OCW

Fallz
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Whats works best between these 2 ?

AW

OCW

Durability , depth , wetness , able to layer multiple coats ever week or 2 .

Also why does Optimum no have a QD ? or am I missing something ?

Duragloss has their FC&S.

imported_themightytimmah
05-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Optimum makes a no-rinse wash - you can make a QD out of it.

I actually stock both products - AW is easier to use (that`s relative, though, OCW is a breeze), glossier and more durable. OCW is deeper and wetter - AW is a very "zaino-y" look, and OCW is an old-school carnauba look. I like AW on white, silver, gold and some reds, and OCW on black, green and darker reds.

JasonD
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I`ve never used AW, but I use OCW all the time as a qd, and love it.

RTexasF
05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
From what I have read on the various forums AW is a sealant in spite of its name. It is reported to darken colors if used more than once a month (roughly). OCW is indeed a wax and can be used safely on a weekly basis. I have both and prefer the look of the OCW but that is up to the individual.

As mentioned using ONR as a quick detailer / dust remover in between works extremely well. I mix it with distilled water as opposed to our hard tap water but in truth it might not make any difference.

For jobs I use the AW for the pre-delivery wipe down but prefer OCW on our personal cars.

violentveedub
05-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I haven`t used OCW but AW on black and red is STUNNING. On black it`s ultra reflective and red seems to "get redder" if that`s possible.

I love AW!

Junebug
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
+1 for AW, makes my wife`s burgandy Toyota van look great. BTW, I first used WG sealer and their Spritz to top it every few weeks, now I`m a Duragloss convert, easier to use, looks better and costs a lot less!

wfedwar
11-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I`d like to bring this post back from the dead to see if people`s opinons have now changed with the newer version of OCW...

Patek14
11-09-2008, 02:12 PM
From what I`ve gathered on these forums, OCW v2 is more durable than DGAW. I own both (OCWv2 and AW, never tried OCW v1)

AW is a sealant and OCW is not just a carnuaba, but rather a blend of nuba and synthetic sealants.

I use AW more often because it is cheaper and easier to apply...although next I may buy a gallon of OCW v2

pattieman
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I use AW after washes after using ONR when it rains on my Black Camry.Looks great, easy on off and it smells great. Price is great. Have to try some OCW and at a gallon its $5.00 a bottle. PM

bill57
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I use AW after Every wash, and it never changed the hue of my navy blue paint color. I love it.

Legacy
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Whats works best between these 2 ?

AW

OCW

Durability , depth , wetness , able to layer multiple coats ever week or 2 .

Also why does Optimum no have a QD ? or am I missing something ?

Duragloss has their FC&S.

They do, its called Optimum Instant Detailer (OID)

stiffdogg06
11-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I love AW. I think it is very similar to Z8...

dervdave
11-10-2008, 03:47 AM
They do, its called Optimum Instant Detailer (OID)

There wasn`t in May 07 when the question was posted:)