PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the Autoway Stamp

NewOwner FL
05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Anyone ever have to remove one of these things? Its not a decal, but a piece of plastic advertisement that they affix to all of their new cars. Not sure if its glue or some other kind of bonding agent.

If they have the best deal in town, or the car we`re looking for, then I want to make sure I can get that thing off of there.

gben
05-19-2007, 09:49 AM
When I bought my last car I asked that the plastic dealer name tag be removed before delivery. I did so in a polite fashion not some heavy handed sort of smart a** way. They we`re very accomodating and car was purchased minus one dealer name tag. You may even suggest that a rear plate frame is acceptable (and easily removed) but not the plastic tag.

xtremekustomz
05-19-2007, 09:50 AM
See if you can get a picture of it. You might just be able to peel it off and take a pinstripe eraser and go over it to remove all the adhesive.

NewOwner FL
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the replys guys!

I`ll ask the guy I`ve been dealing with. He is not a hustler and seems to be very laid back and not pushy at all. That is swaying our vote towards an Autoway purchase. The Autopian in me was uncomfortable with the plastic attachement to the trunk with their logo on it. I`ll see if they can kindly remove it and I will have no problem giving them a few months of advertising in the form of a rear plate frame.

imported_themightytimmah
05-19-2007, 03:39 PM
It`s probably held on by a little bit of double-sided tape if it`s a plastic badge... one of my customers had a *metal* one that was like that. I took it off with some monofilament fishing line, then used a plastic razor blade and Autoint New Car Prep to knock off the adhesive. A quick pass of Poli-seal and any marring was removed and the surface was protected.

B-Diddy
05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah...just politely ask them to remove it. I do it all the time at work when a customer doesn`t want it on there. They aren`t gonna be picky about something so small when you`re sitting there ready to sign the papers.

Just double check and make sure all the glue is gone and they didn`t scratch it up before you leave.