PDA

View Full Version : The Fuzz is building a team of helpful moderators.

Pages : [1] 2

The Fuzz
05-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Let`s get the most important thing out of the way first. I am not looking for disciplinarians. That is my job. :naughty

I am looking for a team of people that care about Detail City and want to help me keep the forums organized and on topic.

For some reason, some people have the hardest time posting in the appropriate forums. Your mission, should you accept it, is to move threads out of the wrong forums and into the correct forums so that Detail City is nicely organized, just like a set of encyclopedias in alphabetical order. After you move the thread, send a polite PM letting them know that the thread was moved and asking the member to post in the correct forum in the future.

Should there be any bad attitudes present on Detail City, you will also be able to move threads into the moderators area so that Dwayne or myself can address the important issues. We will ask that you not get involved with any conflicts. Conflicts will be resolved by the Detail City administrators. In the event of an emergency, you will have the ability to freeze an account temporarily but this action should only be taken in the event that Dwayne or myself are not online and you feel that a member is out of control.

That`s it. We need your help moving threads and commicating this issue in a polite manner with Detail City members.

This position is unpaid and on a volunteer basis only. We just ask that you volunteer to serve as a moderator if you spend enough time on Detail City to be effective. We ask that you be not be afilliated with any manufacturer or vendor and that you are able to make decisions with the well-being of Detail City in mind.

We are hoping to add 4-5 new moderators to the team.

Is this the job for you? Are you the right person for the job? Can you hang with The Fuzz? I want to hear from you!

TrueDetailer
05-22-2005, 11:37 PM
I am up for it. I won`t try to persue you with a bunch of BS. All i`ll say is i`ve read every topic since i`ve become a member which isn`t long but it does tell you i spend alot of time on this site. Thank you

holland_patrick
05-23-2005, 03:08 AM
i`m up for it also, but I thought dwayne was out of the picture????

AutopiaAdmin
05-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Nope, I`m still around. I had my bags packed and was looking forward to retirement but decided to stay around for a while at the last minute.

holland_patrick
05-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Sweet nice to have ya here...

milky
05-23-2005, 07:26 AM
I`m up for it too! :)

GregCavi
05-23-2005, 07:51 AM
What is the suggested online time for a moderator?

Greg

mix300
05-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Helping is good.. Im willing to help out

AutopiaAdmin
05-23-2005, 09:02 AM
What is the suggested online time for a moderator?

Greg

At least a few minutes each day. We understand that people have lives, jobs, friends and family so we know that a moderator may not be here at all times.

By building a team, we are hoping to have at least one moderator online at all times.

holland_patrick
05-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Most day`s i`m on at least a few times.. and when the little one wakes me up i normally hit a night time look before going back to bed.

Boss_429
05-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Looks like you have some great candidates Fuzz! :bigups

JeffM
05-23-2005, 03:25 PM
C`mon Boss, your on here more then me hahaa

I nominate Boss !!!

GregCavi
05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
I am on here at the bare minimum being an hour or two. Were do i sign up?

Greg

audiboy
05-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I just sent a pm.

Raven
05-23-2005, 05:33 PM
I won`t mind giving it a try if needed.