PDA

View Full Version : The official "Name my buisness" thread.

Pages : [1] 2

GlossyTundra
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I have come up with a few names (some of them courtesy of my GF) and I wanted to run them past the pros or the ones that have been through this before. Also, if you have any ideas of your own feel free to post up a name suggestion.

Here is what I have so far.

-Wax Attax

-Clean Machine Detailing

-Dirt Hurts Detailing

-Sudsy Buckets Detailing

-Dirt Detonator Detailing

-Brandon`s Ride n` Shine

-Wiggins Ride n` Shine

My favorite so far

Down and Dirty Detailing.

What do yall think? I know some of them arent so good, but I am not that creative. Any suggestions on some other names for my buisness. I have heard that it is a good idea to put your name in the title (Brandon Wiggins), but I kinda like having something catchy.

Brandon

bjackson8
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Of the ones on the list, I like Down and Dirty the best.

mose
05-18-2007, 04:48 PM
+1 for "Down and Dirty"

jimmybuffit
05-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Spanky`s Auto Detailing

Spankin` Clean Machines!

And, no, you can`t have my name.

JB

AL-53
05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
How about Dura Gloss Details...for the header..and under it say "For that Durable Finish"

Talk to Bill or Jerry...and they may let you use it and send you some of thier shirts ..never know

AL

todd@bsaw
05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
+1 for "Down and Dirty"

+2

It may sound kitch but I kinda like it.

GlossyTundra
05-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Ok, Down and Dirty Detailing is winning so far, but Al I like Dura-Gloss Details. I bet they would let me use that name if I could advertise for them.

DaGonz
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Actually. none of them names you posted would make me want to call you.

Why not keep it simple....

Brandon`s Auto Detailing

GlossyTundra
05-19-2007, 01:59 PM
My question is, why would I keep it simple? I want something catchy that is different from other names in the area.

Jmiller07
05-19-2007, 02:54 PM
My question is, why would I keep it simple? I want something catchy that is different from other names in the area.

Some people may not feel that is very professional. I know being a "detailer" myself, I would think that you don`t do the job you are probably capable of.

DaGonz
05-19-2007, 03:06 PM

Wax Attax: are you detailing IRS agents or a revenue program?

Clean Machine Detailing: What kind of machine are you detailing?

Dirt Hurts Detailing: yes it does..it`s the reason to detail in the first place.

Sudsy Buckets Detailing: Soundsl like that`s all you detail

Dirt Detonator Detailing: Sounds like you are in the blasting industry

Brandon`s Ride n` Shine: a taxi service that serves hooch?

Wiggins Ride n` Shine: same as above.

See how "something catchy" can be misconstrued?

David703
05-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Details by Brandon.

imported_cj99si
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Wiggins detailing

"down on dirty"

GlossyTundra
05-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Ha, I like that slogan.

I still kinda like "Down and Dirty Detailing" but I was just informed of something. Someone I asked said something about it having a sexual connotaton. I dont want to put something sexual in my buisness name, what do yall think?

Anthony O.
05-20-2007, 04:06 PM
No offense meant to you Brandon but I agree with others, I don`t care for any of the names you have on your list.

You want a name that reflects your work and what you do....think about the names that products have, for instance you always ask for a "kleenex" even though it may not be of the Kleenex brand. It sticks in your head and you familiarize the word "kleenex" with "tissue".

Brandon`s Auto Detailing

This is simple. it can be remembered and it tells others exactly what you do and in if you want to be unique you can use it as "B.A.D" :D

Anthony