PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Carl Voellm, Pa Zaino Dist.

RobD
05-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Carl for his great service, I am a first time customer of his. He was very helpful when I spoke with him Wednesday. He patiently answered my questions regarding Zaino and quickly processed my order. I received an email confirmation with the order info and a second email with the tracking info.

My Zaino products arrived today, beautifully packed (no way anything was breaking... I`m still cleaning up the packing paper - hehe) and all accounted for.

Carl included some Zaino applicators and a sample DF towel, too. Very cool. I will without hesitation order form Carl in the future.

I ordered the Zaino Triplets (Z-AIO, CS and Z8), Z6, Z7 and Z10.

My car is dirty (rain today), but I pulled it into the garage and went to work on the passenger side mirror. I Z6`d it, applied/removed Z-AIO, then applied CS. The Z-AIO left the surface beautifully smooth, clear and glossy. The CS went on easily and left no streaks (the car is silver). I`ll wait a little while and go over it with Z8. So far, I really like the look - very clear and wet. Looks a little like freshly sprayed paint.

I`m looking forward to doing the rest of the car.

Thanks again, Carl.

Carl Voellm`s Home Page (http://www.hcvind.com)

Edit: I just tried Z10 Leather in a Bottle - works well, applies easily. The smell is a little strong, but not too bad.

Wetwerks
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Carl is very active on the Cadillac forums and is always willing to help out over there. Zaino is a very good product!

Walter

ZaneO
05-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Carl is a great guy!

RobD
05-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Geez, this stuff beads!! Yesterday, I used the remaining CS I had on the applicator to coat my tool box lid. A couple of hours later I came back and, just out of curiosity, I sprayed some distilled water on it - the beading was awesome! The water almost bounced off the surface! Of course, I realize the fine mist of the sprayer didn`t hurt, but still. You just gotta love some damn fine water beading... :D

RobD
05-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I finished the whole car with Z-AIO/CS (later, I added Z8 to one panel)... it looks good, but not great. The KAIO/AJ combo I had before noticeably richened the color (car is like a platinum silver), was very wett and really made the flake jump out. The Zaino looks good, but it almost doesn`t look like there`s an LSP on it. Kinda looks like clean fresh paint.

10 hours later, I applied some AJ to one area... the previous look came back. Tomorrow, I`ll apply CS over the AJ and see what happens. If it locks in that look, I`ll consider CS a durability booster to AJ and make use of it that way.

Question: if I want to try and stay all Zaino and add Z2P or Z5P to the mix, 1) which one should I choose, and 2) will either change the look compared to my current Z-AIO/CS? TIA

RobD
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Ok, I just topped the area I applied AJ over Z-AIO/CS combo with another coat of CS. The CS did not change AJ`s look.

Fellas, it`s unbelievable... the area where I topped with AJ literally looks a different color silver than the rest of the car with Z-AIO/CS. AJ over Z-AIO/CS looks just like KAIO/AJ I had originally. At least on this paint, AJ looks richer to me.

Anyway, any opinions regarding Z2P/Z5P under CS? I know I can use the AJ under/over CS to get the desired look on this car, but if I wanted to stay Zaino, which of the two would you recommend, if either? Instinct tells me Z5P, but?? I`m getting low on AJ so my next order is more AJ or possibly Z2P or Z5P. TIA