PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Vette Red (lots of pics)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Todd@RUPES
05-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Great job Ryan!!!! Wow

qballjr13
05-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Ryan, that was amazing! I cant believe how dull that red looked in the before pictures. You have outdone yourself once again. Great Job!

imported_rydawg
05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the nice comments!

kingDavid76
05-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Nice red, great job

imported_themightytimmah
05-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Damn... just perfect Ryan

atticdog
05-18-2007, 08:21 PM
awesome job Ryan!!

imported_rydawg
05-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Ryan, can you compare RD3.02 to a Presta polish?

Hey Marcus

I really loved using the 3.02 and once learned the simple process it was a breeze to use. The results were very impressive. On some areas it did take 3 times but we are talking a vette here and these clears are super rock hard. I did try it on Ford paint and it performed excellent in on pass.

3.02 is the best polish for foam pads doing correction work. I am amazed at how it restores gloss so quickly. At some times I felt it was grabby cause of the squeaky clean surface after the wash, but I wiped down each panel with z6 to gain some slickness and to make sure all the residue from the water was removed and that made a night and day difference.

It`s a shame they do not have this for sale in the US. I notice that everyone in the UK is out of stock on this one also.

Marcus, thanks again for all your help and your amazing knowledge!

imported_morarch
05-18-2007, 11:57 PM
That Red is Hot!!!

01bluecls
05-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Ryan, beautiful work!! Even with lower quality pics the depth and shine is amazing. I suggest getting a new camera if you get a chance to do your work real justice on photos :) Im sure in person it looks outstanding!!!

imported_rydawg
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I must have to say it was nice detailing a red car after all the black ones I have had lately. The only tough part was the defects were not as easy to see on the red as compared to black.

I have use CS on tons of cars with huge improvements but CS on this red was a night and day difference. The slickness and gloss an hour after was totally insane. I was also amazed at the depth this red had after done. I love my whole process I use and I am always amazed at the end results.

Like I said before, the pics do this car no justice at all. In person it looks like it is dripping wet till you touch it. The paint is so solky smooth and the pollen that was on it while taking pics was just gliding right off of the car.

The polishing process was tough as I love to work in my garage with my door open. I had to shut it cause the pollen was coming inside and getting all over the car. I had to literally stop for the day just to let my garage dust down from the pollen. Took hours for it to fall before I could wipe the car down again and finish my process. Also I had tons of mayflies all over the hood and had a hard time trying to get the hundreds of them off.

Other than those little issues, it was still corvette clear that needed to be polished for a day straight. I do love doing vettes and 2 of them a week pays me very nice.

imported_rydawg
05-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Ryan, beautiful work!! Even with lower quality pics the depth and shine is amazing. I suggest getting a new camera if you get a chance to do your work real justice on photos :) Im sure in person it looks outstanding!!!

Thanks Chris!

My next camera is a nikon. I have been looking at them for months now but after seeing your work a lot and lately with that camera your using now I can see the crispness and unreal clarity. I see that Nikon d40 commercial all the time. Need to pay my huge mortgage first though. I get paid to make cars look there best not take best photos.:kewlpics To me my family is first before camera. They still look good.

I`ll tell you when cars get this glossy it is really hard to find a camera to take great pics with. I have an eye for detail like yourself and the nikon pics always stand out. Some of the fugi`s are not bad neither.

Maybe someday we could do a car detail together:woot2: That would be one hell of a story let alone a click and brag. I love your work though and is top rated. Then again not much work would get done. Shoptalk would never stop:laugh:

imported_rydawg
05-19-2007, 08:59 AM
hot damn. that is like a new color red. more like rydawg red. whew. results like that, im not surprised that the owner was floored.

HAHA that was funny! I like that rydawg red!

imported_SHICKS
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Wow, that is impressive. Great work.

If I could only get my Dad`s 2007 Victory Red Callaway Vette to look like that.

Steve

imported_rydawg
05-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks Steve. I would love to see that Callaway! PS I am always for hire at a discount for members

imported_GregCavi
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Great work! You really captured that dripping zaino look!

Greg