PDA

View Full Version : Poor Boys Question

plazaman
05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
What the Difference between Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba & Poorboy`s Professional Polish vs the SSR line? How is a swirl remover different from a polish?

Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba is non-abrasive , is think something like AIO?

My car has lots of plastic trim on it. I need something that will clean and maybe protect with no shine. I want a natural look. SHould i use Natural Look Dressing or Trim restorer. Natural looks says its for interior, can it be used on exterior also?

are poorboys products german paint friendly?

Thanks!

audiboy
05-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Polish w/ Carnauba contains Carnauba wax, the Professional Polish doesn`t. The SSR lines are abrasive while the two other polishes aren`t.

In my experiences with Trim Restorer, it doesn`t leave a shiny finish. It leaves a nice matte finish on grainy exterior trim. I haven`t used Natural Look on my exterior, so I don`t know how it looks or holds up to the elements of nature.

I own an Audi and haven`t had any issues with the products and my paint.

plazaman
05-22-2005, 09:40 PM
so the other polish are more of a paint cleanser?

i have a brand new 05 X5 that has just been manufactured about a month ago. What do you steps/process do you recommend?

So far

Clay
AIO
EX-P x2
Nattys

All by hand. Just bought my PC, so im gonna start all over again.

Thomas Dekany
05-22-2005, 09:46 PM
I would add Natty`s after each wash for awhile. Having 5 to 6 layers of it will do wonders for the paint. Very slick!

What color is it?

audiboy
05-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Your list looks good. You want to make sure that you only clay 2-3 times a year. Also EX-P needs time to cure, so wait at least 24 hours before you apply another coat of anything else. Make sure you post pictures so everyone else can see your vehicle and the work you do.

woptang22
05-22-2005, 11:48 PM
i am actually wondering the same thing. I just got some poorboys ssr2 and ssr1. I also got the nattys paste wax. I am looking to order the EX sealant soon. But I was wondering, after I use the ssr2, then ssr1 do I need the professional polish or the polish with carnuba? Or can I go straight from the ssr2 then ssr1 to the EX sealant or the natties? Or even the natties on top of the EX?

Poorboy
05-23-2005, 07:21 AM
PP could be used first to see what needs to be worked on and remove any old products...SSR2 then SSR1 then EX x2, then wait 24 hours for the Natty`s would be the best route:)

plazaman
05-23-2005, 07:36 PM
This is what we are working with

do i still need the PP polish or can i skip right to SSR 1 for the very very minor swirls ?

Rosso
05-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Ooh, very nice 4.8is. Nicely sharpened over the base 3.0 or 4.4.

matthiasj
05-24-2005, 12:23 AM
if its not bad i`d just start with SSR 1.