PDA

View Full Version : Mazda paint hardness

GetAudiHere
05-17-2007, 08:54 PM
How hard is new mazda paint? Doing spot correction on a mazda 3 because he ran into the something and there is paint transfer. doing it with a pc btw. is it possible?

awahl63
05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah I haven`t found Mazda paint to be particularly hard...might even be on the softer side

beachcities
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
paint transfer is always different. i have sometime just gotten paint transfer off by hand. I always start by hand, then work up to more agrresive products, then up the pads if i need to. In my experience all new paints are hard. automakers across the board are strengtheing their clear coats.

awahl63
05-17-2007, 10:22 PM
paint transfer is always different. i have sometime just gotten paint transfer off by hand. I always start by hand, then work up to more agrresive products, then up the pads if i need to. In my experience all new paints are hard. automakers across the board are strengtheing their clear coats.

Not BMW...it`s super soft now

Accumulator
05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I *think* there`s a difference between US and Japan-production vehicles, but I don`t know which is harder/softer.

The paint on my Japan-built MPV is nice and medium but *thin*, as in you gotta be careful how much clear you take off. And the non-clearcoated areas are even worse, they`re cut-throughs just waiting to happen (gee, guess how I know :o ).

I usually use clay for paint transfers and only resort to polishes/etc. if that doesn`t work.