PDA

View Full Version : does customer service play a role in your purchase(s)?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BigAl3
05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
does customer service play a big role in your purchase(s)? we all know that our money is our voice these days, so i would like to hear from EVERYONE what else contributes to YOUR purchase (price, availability, fast shipping, etc)...

imported_Detailing Technology
05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
90% customer service

10% price

This is how I play it at this point in my life. While I dont like salesman BS overkill, and dont buy from women trying to use sex to sell, I really like to give someone money that is interested in earning it.

Be honest, and deliver what you say you will, and I will pay your price.

BigAl3
05-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Be honest, and deliver what you say you will, and I will pay your price.

very good answer mang! :clap:

the other pc
05-17-2007, 06:17 PM
...and dont buy from women trying to use sex to sell, I really like to give someone money that is interested in earning it. ...If she’s good that is earning it. :D

imported_bigfoot
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
yes yes yes!

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I think for me, to sum it up into one word, it would be HONESTY... a manufacturer or seller can be 2 weeks late shipping something, but if they`re honest about it (I lost it, I had a death in the family, etc.. ) or at least try to apologize, they`ll get my business again.

As far as customer service vs. price.. it`s a 75/25 for me

Tasty
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Does customer service exist in this country anymore? I don`t think it does. It`s all about pleasing the shareholder, and nothing else matters. At least, that`s the way I see most businesses being run nowadays...

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Does customer service exist in this country anymore? I don`t think it does. It`s all about pleasing the shareholder, and nothing else matters. At least, that`s the way I see most businesses being run nowadays...

From my experiences shopping online, Autogeek has great customer service... knowledgeable people who step up immediately if there`s any problems...

BigAl3
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
From my experiences shopping online, Autogeek has great customer service... knowledgeable people who step up immediately if there`s any problems...

agreed....

awahl63
05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Definately Ivan...In fact, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Dwayne this morning. Great customer service.

Scottwax
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Customer service is very important. Several places have lost my business because of terrible customer service.

One thing that irritates me to no end is when an employee is in the middle of my transaction and the manager starts talking to them. Excuse me, that can wait until I have made my purchase. Who hires these morons?

BobD
05-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Customer service is probably 100% of my deciding factor in just about everything I buy. If I don`t get good service I just move on.

BlackElantraGT
05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
I don`t think it`s all about one thing or another. There are many things that factors into why I would shop at one place or another and I don`t necessarily look for the same thing in every transaction. Customer service is not everything though. Price plays just as big of a role for me.

Accumulator
05-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, it matters a lot to me, far more than price. The way the folks at ..[the companies I patronize]... take care of me keeps me coming back. I even choose our *vehicles* based on how I`m treated by the businesses involved.

Oh, and I don`t agree about companies only caring about their shareholders. Keeping the customers happy keeps the money coming in, and *that* is what makes this shareholder happy :D Companies that don`t treat their customers right eventually suffer for it, and are thus, IMO, poor investments.

Kriminal
05-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I`m kinda "on the fence" with this one :

I agree that Customer Service is a VERY important part of purchasing items, ie. if the Customer Services don`t give two hoots about the Customer, then why bother giving THEM your money.

However ! If I`m being "buttered up" by some Customer Service person, before making my purchase, and the product I want is some ridiculously sky high price....well - a fool and their money are soon parted, so I`m off.

So, to sum it up : Yes, I`ll look for a bargain - after all, who`s gonna spend over the top for the same item in a Shop down the road. But if the Customer Service is absolutely diabolical, and they treat me like something they`ve dragged in on the sole off their shoe - I`d rather spend the little extra on the "respectable" Shop.

It`s a 50/50 deal for me