PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG and Sonus Acrylic Glanz

Pages : [1] 2

pak-man
05-17-2007, 03:11 PM
What up.... I`m still pretty much a noob here, but I`m addicted. I wash my Silver Impreza weekly and seal with Klasse SG every time. I love that stuff. Anyhow, I`ve been reading about the Sonus Acrylic Glanz. Do you guys usually apply this on after KSG? If so do I have to wait till KSG cures? Or is it not worth it and just keep doing what I`m doing?

codiddy
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
i would say it`s personal preference, try it and see for your self if you like it. I use polycharged acrylic glanz as a top off after washing between coats. I haven`t decided yet if the polycharger really helps that much, but i really like the way the glanz looks on my windveil blue mustang and my dads black/white Triumph.

tom p.
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
pak-man, get yourself a bottle of AG and save yourself a bunch of time.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/26acglanz.jpg

mikelea4ever
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I don`t really use that sonus after I applied my SG. It doesn`t have any difference anyway when you applied it after SG. It still looks the same. The only time I will use it if the SG gets hard to remove. Also, I do apply sonus,next time after I wash the car and decided not to put on the SG. Just save your sonus and at the same time it will save you money. Sonus is kind a pricy but a good product to use with Klasse. So it`s up to you when you want to use your sonus.

codiddy
05-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I don`t really use that sonus after I applied my SG. It doesn`t have any difference anyway when you applied it after SG. It still looks the same. The only time I will use it if the SG gets hard to remove. Also, I do apply sonus,next time after I wash the car and decided not to put on the SG. Just save your sonus and at the same time it will save you money. Sonus is kind a pricy but a good product to use with Klasse. So it`s up to you when you want to use your sonus.

I find that when i use the glanz it brings back that pop i had when i first applied sealant glaze, and it takes only a few minutes to do you whole car.

pak-man
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM
thanks guys... I`ll stick with SG for now and once I get bored I`ll try Sonus. Man who would of thought this would be so addictive hahahaha

codiddy
05-17-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks guys... I`ll stick with SG for now and once I get bored I`ll try Sonus. Man who would of thought this would be so addictive hahahaha

tell me about it i think i`ve spent like 500 bucks on car stuff since joining this forum.

mikelea4ever
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
it is really addicting but also time consuming. I wish I can work less time when applying my stuff but since I have a full size SUV, there`s no way I can do that quickly.

sspeer
05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Is it possible to dilute SG with distilled H20 and use it in a spray bottle?

pak-man
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
from what I`ve read is that you can dilute 3:1, but I have never tried it.

Old Pirate
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
I have use the twins on my silver mazda and use opti-seal and it looks great. I put 2 coats of the klasse SG and use the sonus acrylic Glanz, then i have 7 coats of opti-seal and the shine is awesome! So far its holding very well and time will tell with the summer heat and sun of Florida that i may the right choice. Will know by Sept or Oct if I`m right, if not i will switch to another product.

Ahujadaddy
05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Are you guys spraying the Glanz onto a towel, then applying it to the painted surfaces... or can u go wild and just spray it directly on ur car sorta like quick detailer?

My concern is that it will stain the rubber trim. Any thoughts? I have AIO curing right now, dont have any KSG tho... figure i`ll at least put on some spray glanz bfr the p21s.

joshtpa
05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
You can also pick up a bottle of Menzerna HGAS. It looks amazing on top of the SG after a wash.

Ahujadaddy
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you guys spraying the Glanz onto a towel, then applying it to the painted surfaces... or can u go wild and just spray it directly on ur car sorta like quick detailer?

My concern is that it will stain the rubber trim. Any thoughts? I have AIO curing right now, dont have any KSG tho... figure i`ll at least put on some spray glanz bfr the p21s.

bump :sadwavey:

TortoiseAWD
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM

My concern is that it will stain the rubber trim. Any thoughts? I have AIO curing right now, dont have any KSG tho... figure i`ll at least put on some spray glanz bfr the p21s.You can apply Glanz either way (spray your towel, or spray the car), the only caveat is that you don`t need to use a whole lot for it to work. AFAIK, none of the Klasse products stain trim.

Tort