PDA

View Full Version : PC vs Hand with XYZ Wax

ptim
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Will you achieve the same results by using “XYZ Wax†by hand or a PC. I’m assuming that a PC will work the wax better than by hand.

imported_etml12
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
If it is a pure wax, I think many here will recommend application by hand. Nowdays most waxes are so easy on/off it really doesn`t take long. It is also pretty easy to spread a consistent, thin layer by hand getting good coverage. If you apply by PC you`ll likely require more product as the pads requires some arbitrary amount to prime.

If you are going to apply a cleaner wax, AIO, or anything with some polishing abilities the PC is a perfect choice.

BobD
05-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Usually I apply paste wax by hand and if I want an better more even coat I go over it again with a damp finishing pad and the PC on a low speed.

rkf76
05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
If you`re just waxing, it`ll work the same either way. The advantage by machine is a more uniform application, thinner layer, which helps alot when buffing it off.

imported_bigfoot
05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Some waxes clearly state that applying by hand will get you the best results, Natty`s being one of them. Souveran paste can be applied either or. If anybody has more sampes of machine vs. hand waxes, I will highly appreciate it.