PDA

View Full Version : Honeycomb Grills

JeffM
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I have been using Stoners spray trim product on my honeycomb grill with less than great results.

I was wondering if anyone has ever put a thin layer of clear spray paint on their black grill before?

tubafeak
05-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Try Adam`s In and Out spray, it gives a look very close to VRT (matte and new looking) and is very easy to use. It is along the same lines as trim shine, but it`s more durable and it looks less shiny. Watch the overspray and don`t use too much and you`ll be very happy with it.

WuNgUn
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
What I do (I also have a honeycomb grille), is LIBERALLY dress the plastic with good `ol Armour All...
More specifically, before I wash or detail my car, I just CAKE the area with spray, and make sure I have covered all areas using a old paint brush...
Then I LEAVE it on there for maybe an hour (in the shade)...
Then lightly wipe the plastic with a cloth (and any overspray on the paint), then proceed to wash/detail the car...this way, you don`t end up with that unnatural, super-shiny plasticy look...
I prefer this method because a) it`s easier, and the results are usually better
and b) after washing the whole car, I don`t have to worry about getting any plastic protectant on the cars finish (maybe it`s just me, but I can NEVER get that stuff on perfectly without overspray and/or wipe marks on the paint)

probegt
05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I put 3 coats of clear spray on my grill and it looks great. Even better when I get the bugs off. It might where out over a little time but it wont take that long to do again. So far its been 4 months and still looks like I did it yesterday. If you decide to do it, make sure you prep it real well and use quality spray.

JeffM
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Whoa, forgot i posted this, duh...

thanks for the info guys.

I was wondering if i should get the honeycomb part painted gloss black?

It kills me to detail that thing....

travisdecpn
06-24-2005, 07:43 PM
just replace it with a nice trendz billet grille :D

TrueDetailer
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
just replace it with a nice trendz billet grille :D

x2 stock sucks lol