PDA

View Full Version : Trim Products that Work!

Pages : [1] 2

JeffM
05-22-2005, 07:01 PM
This is always a sore spot for me when detailing. Recently i got a new vehicle, and my typical approach of AIO-ing my rubber trim doesnt work. I dont know why, but it wont absorb into the rubber for some reason.

I would like to attempt an ultimate trim product list that works. What will last through a wash or a rain? Any good one step cleaner-protectants? I am particually interested in the Klasse trim product, so if anyone has used it, chime in please :dj

joyriide1113
05-22-2005, 07:08 PM
although ive never used the klasse trim restorer/dressing, ive heard many times fom people how under rated it is. my persoanl preference for restoring, cleaning, and dressing tires is PB Trim Restorer.

Boss_429
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Jeff,

Good luck finding a product that really holds up to a good rainstorm or washing. The only product I`ve found that seems to hold up fairly well is Black Jack Black Again. However, I`m not real fond of applying it. It is a very thick and somewhat messy product to apply. Of course, that`s probably why it holds up. :D

Here:

http://www.premiumautocare.com/blagandnewag.html

joyriide1113
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
hey boss,

how does that dressing look? can u compare it to anything?

MS22
05-22-2005, 08:46 PM
While it is now hard to locate and more expensive to ship from Europe 1z (einszett) Gummipfleger/Intensive Pfleger works great. I cant find US retailers for it anymore but I love that stuff. When my bottle runs out I`ll definately be replacing it regardless of the costs. I dont have pics but it looks like VRT when applied to rubber trim and lasts about 6-8 weeks.

klnyc
05-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I use only PB Trim Restore. ;)

mtodde
05-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Poorboy`s Trim Restore works better than anything else I`ve tried and it doesn`t run when it rains...plus it lasts for 6 months on my car.

It is almost like putting on suntan oil...even smells like it. Be sure to buff off the excess with a microfiber 20 or 30 minutes after applying it.

Boss_429
05-23-2005, 06:08 AM
hey boss,

how does that dressing look? can u compare it to anything?
Well, it`s very black and glossy. It`s almost like using a tire gel with a similar look.

Bence
05-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Einszett recently opened its own online shop. Gummipflege, Tiefenpflege etc. are good choices.

Bill D
05-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I`ve read good things about products from Trimonex and Valugard ( Auto Int`s) ETR-II kit

Mr. Clean
05-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Good luck finding a product that really holds up to a good rainstorm or washing... :yeah
There are several products that look nice to me, and are easy to work with. Looks and ease of use isn`t the hard part. "Durability" is the tough part of the equation.

Poorboy`s Trim Restore works better than anything else I`ve tried and it doesn`t run when it rains...plus it lasts for 6 months on my car.

WOW! I don`t get anywhere near that kind of performance out of TR. A good wash or rain and it`s done. Plus it does run. That after having several days to "set up". This is on a textured trim on my Volvo. Commpared to my other PB products, this one (TR) has left me wanting.

Beemerboy
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
does[/U] run. That after having several days to "set up". This is on a textured trim on my Volvo. Commpared to my other PB products, this one (TR) has left me wanting.

I always buff with a clean white terry towel after and have not noticed any running at all.

I also posted earlier on this thread and its gone, shaking head

wifehatescar
05-23-2005, 07:21 PM
WOW! I don`t get anywhere near that kind of performance out of TR. A good wash or rain and it`s done. Plus it does run. That after having several days to "set up". This is on a textured trim on my Volvo. Commpared to my other PB products, this one (TR) has left me wanting.

My thoughts exactly!
I have been using VRT recently with "good enough" results

The Chee
05-24-2005, 08:06 AM
try Autoglym bumper care, it`s gooooood ;). The dirty green thick gel works great with mf app and it lasts me more than a month and even thru rain too :)

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/images/prod/2402.jpg

mtwedt
05-24-2005, 01:34 PM

It is almost like putting on suntan oil...even smells like it. Be sure to buff off the excess with a microfiber 20 or 30 minutes after applying it.I don`t get 6 mo out of my TR either and my CR-V has non-stop black trim. I love the look of TR, but mine lasts only a month on exterior surfaces. Perhaps I can do better if I let it dwell longer. I have found that applying VM to the large ext black trim pieces, then buffing with the PC produced an incredible low gloss sheen that has held up for 6 weeks so far.