PDA

View Full Version : Does yellow carnuba give a yellow hue?

mdreiguy
05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Im thinking about using Zymol Glasur on my white BMW and was wondering if the high yellow carnuba 56% content give the car a yellowish hue?

bimmerzhp
05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Probably not. Why not use Concours? Do not forget to mention you belong to the BMW car club to receive a 10% discount.

klumzypinoy
05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
yellow carnauba doesn`t give yellow hue as far as I`ve seen :p unless it has ultimately low grade carnauba.

wannafbody
05-16-2007, 06:05 PM
does yellow window tint give a yellow hue? IMO anything yellow would result in a spectrum shift. The question should be can the eye detect such a minute shift. In most cases probably not. In some cases yes. I had a Lazer Red mustang about 10 years ago. I normally used Eagle One Wet. I switched and used blue OTC Zymol. The car ended up with a noticable orangish tint in comparison to the EOW I normally used. So from my experence some products DO INDEED produce a color shift.

mdreiguy
05-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Im thinking about using Zymol Glasur on my white BMW and was wondering if the high yellow carnuba 56% content give the car a yellowish hue?

Do you personally use Zymol Concours? How do you like it ? Is it easy to apply?

Vintage
05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Do you personally use Zymol Concours? How do you like it ? Is it easy to apply?

Very easy to apply. Just take it out of the refrigerator the night before you use it. With Zymol`s eg`s that have a higher carnauba content, I find that you have to take more time to break it down and melt it in your hands. I don`t know if anybody else has come across this. Concours is the first eg I moved to after the handcrafted line. You`ll love Concours.

Baera
05-16-2007, 07:50 PM
IIRC, yellow is the most difficult hue for the human eye to detect changes in shade. The reason being that we are so used to the natural hue of sun light, and that`s also the reason why a true white light appears blueish. I probably have that all wrong but I thought it was kind of neat when I was reading it. :rofl

edit: Also, I believe yellow carnauba is is classified as a higher grade than white carnauba.