PDA

View Full Version : Remove the side moldings, or dont remove them?

Skyhawk
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Well people have suggested that i remove the side door moldings on my car, ive never really had an issue with them, but some say it will look more "clean" along the sides if i do. Heres a pic of the car with the side moldings...

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1444/tadetail006sb7.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8523/tadetail011pk5.jpg

Im looking for some pics of some cars without them, but im thinking it would look better without them. In fact, a lot of people with f-bodies remove them. So yeah, remove them or not? And what all do i need to do in order to remove them?

rkf76
05-15-2007, 11:17 PM
remove them

I wish removing mine didn`t include patching up the holes and repainting or else I`d remove mine too. I think it gives the car a much smoother look, cleans the lines up a bit.

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
remove... those look SOO out of place

JasonD
05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I think it would look a lot better without them, BUT there is some risk in doing so. Fist, there is a chance that you could accidentally remove paint when trying to remove the moldings. This doesn`t happen often, but it does happen. Second, there is a chance that the paint under the moldings will be darker than the rest, depending on the age of the car, etc.

Not saying this can`t be done, sure it can, just be very careful if you choose to do it.

imported_morarch
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I don`t know man, I also notice all the F-body guys get rid of them too but it never really bothered me either.

xtremekustomz
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM
They make a tool that you put on an airline that will remove that for you. You have to mainly focus on just taking the emblem off with the thing and not the double sided tape behind it. To get the tape off you need to use a pinstripe eraser and you should have no problems with taking off paint. I`d take it off if it were me. I don`t know why they put that crap on vehicles to start with.

kkreit01
05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
At this point, I would leave them on. If you wanted to remove them, it is best to be done within the first year of ownership. You`re likely to have paint fading. I`ve even read about paint coming up. If you do remove them, it may take a lot of patience.

Skyhawk
05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
yeah i think i might leave them, i mean they dont look that bad, the car looks good already. So no sense in risking messing up the paint or anything or having it look bad after i do it...