PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good but simple wax/sealant

moosey
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi

I`ve been reading here for the last week or so and have learned a lot about different products, but I`m still a bit confused as to what would work best for me.

My car is a light blue Scion tC that is a daily driver. I would like something that takes as few steps as possible because I don`t really have a lot of time to spend a whole day on the car. The car is mostly garage kept. Also, I can`t afford anything too pricey (>$50) and don`t think it`s real necessary as the car isn`t a BMW or something.

I already have a clay bar and I will be using that as an initial step. However, I`d prefer a one step wax or sealer to follow that up (confused as to which would be best). I`d like something that will last at least a couple of months but still provide a nice shine.

I`ve been looking at:

- Klasse All In One

- Meguiars NXT

- Duragloss 105

(for this, is 601 necessary? I read that 105 is applied directly on top of 601, is this true?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

wannafbody
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Duragloss 105/AW

RCBuddha
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I`ve been looking at:

- Klasse All In One

- Meguiars NXT

- Duragloss 105

(for this, is 601 necessary? I read that 105 is applied directly on top of 601, is this true?)

Since you already have the claybar, the Duragloss 105 should be just fine, no need for the 601, but others have reported that it helps with durability. Meguiars Cleaner Wax is also a good choice. Since your car is garaged, I`d reapply every 3-4 months, to keep the protection fresh.

Good Luck! :xyxthumbs

Edit: Wannafbody beat me to it, but applications of Duragloss Aqua Wax after washing will also help keep your paint shiney and slick.

moosey
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying that with the clay bar the application of 601 won`t be as critical then. That helps a lot.

awahl63
05-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Definately go with the DG

pt91
05-15-2007, 10:11 PM
another vote for DG

Strokin04
05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Can`t go wrong with Duragloss!!!

bast525
05-16-2007, 01:23 AM
I just recently asked pretty much this same question. I too own a more modest car, and don`t have a large budget of money, or time, to spend on it but at the same time I really want to protect the paint. It is daily driven and never garaged.

A lot of people recommended Duragloss and also Collinite 845 to me, and they sound like great products, however, my understanding of them is that they are NOT all-in-one products. They don`t do any cleaning or correction of minor imperfections like swirl marks. I think there are some people debating this about the Duragloss, but the majority that I`ve read seem to think it is only a sealant, no cleaning properties at all.

I do want something that will clean and polish the paint as well, and you can get true `all in one` products like Klasse AIO or Zaino AIO which clean and polish as well as seal. But, even though they CLAIM they will protect for a very long time... which was also important to me (looking to only have to do this a couple times a year), more experienced folk say count on more like 3 months.

Very few people seem to think you can really get away with only using an all in one and expect protection for any length of time.

In the end... I am leaning towards using a true all in one product like Zaino all in one, and then using a really easy to apply top layer like Duragloss Aquawax, which can basically be sprayed on and wiped off after every wash, is inexpensive, and will greatly extend the useful protection of the Zaino`s sealant.

It`s my understanding that if I do this I will only have to repeat the Zaino once or twice a year. Sounds good to me.

IF you`re not concerned about cleaning or polishing, than Duragloss 105 or Collinite 845 both come VERY highly rated and are both said to last a very long time. Again, especially if you`re doing any `boosting` with something like Aquawax.

joshtpa
05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I found that Klasse AIO when I first started doing this was one of my favorite products. I found it easier to use then Zaino (no streaking), and the shine was unbelievable. I also believe it costs less. You can put it on and take it right off. No need for waiting for it to dry either.