PDA

View Full Version : Need the best detailer

dazco
05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
A few years ago someone recommended me Eagle one detailer. I had used 4 or 5 others including mothers, Mcquires, and a few others that were so un-memorable i can`t remember what they were. :laugh:

Anyways, i absolutely loved eagle one wet wipe and shine till about a year ago when it seems like they changed the formula. It used to leave a super slick feel and go on and evaporate quick and best of all leave absolutely NO haze. Now all that seems to have changed and i`m on the hunt for something that leaves little to no haze and a great slick feel Whats the best in your opinion? (products easily available locally please)

joshtpa
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Local products, are all over the place...We had a long thread about this about 7 days ago. Just do a quick search for OTC and quick detailer, and a ton of stuff will come up.

SVR
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
ONR is extremely slick, FK1 425 is close to that, prima slick as good as 425, driven to perfection quick spray is awesome and can be used by machine to brighten the paint gloss and another favourite of mine is acrylic glos double strength.

Duragloss AW is easiest to use but not quite as slick

I`m testing diluted 1Z lackfinish raindance atm

imported_paradigm
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
for a QD (cleaning only w/ little to no protection), i go with DG FC&S. available locally and cheap.

for mass use, i use ONR QD...super cheap and i go through tons of it while polishing.

Envious Eric
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
QD - i like megs final inspection and last touch....cheap if bought in the gallon

dazco
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, so far i got one of them..........megs=meguires. Dnt u gys evr type anytng bt shrthnd? LOL!!!

PhatHoodDetail
05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
when i 1st started i used turtle wax ultra gloss and i think they did the same thing and change the formula. i then went to 3m gloss enhancer and it worked good i now use pinnacle but give 3m a try. i liked it cuz it didnt streak

dazco
05-16-2007, 08:59 AM
3M seems to make pretty good stuff. Unfortunately i have yet to find 3M products locally very easily.

joshtpa
05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
CarQuest has a lot of 3M products. Walmart has a few.

DM101
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
For a streak free QD that can be applied anywhere on your car ClearKote Qiuk Shine !! Foolproof. I am waitng on Meguiars NEW Ultimate Quik Detailer.

velobard
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, so far i got one of them..........megs=meguires. Dnt u gys evr type anytng bt shrthnd? LOL!!!

Once in awhile, but the name is actually Meguiar`s if you`re trying to get picky. ;)