PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba Vs. Sealant Slickness

Imatk
05-15-2007, 01:14 PM
So I tried out Carnuba on my car this weekend and I must say I REAAAAAALY love the way it looks.

It`s a subtle difference from before but it looks wetter and the flake on my metallic pops a lot more.

I did notice though that the car didn`t feel as slick as when I used Zaino.

I`m assuming this is normal but I wanted to check since this was the first time I did a carnuba.

I used RMG and Vanilla Moose than finished it with Souveran Signature Series II paste.

I don`t have any pics yet but I`ll post them up when I can.

bjackson8
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I don`t think that slickness is really an indicator of anything substantial. With any product that I have ever used, slickness deminishes dramatically after the first wash.

TigerMike
05-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I wouldn`t get too caught up in slickness as a measure of any product`s ability to protect or how long it will last. What you should measure is a product`s resistance to water, road grime, dirt, self-cleaning ability, durability, etc... I think slickness is merely a short term attribute that can be achieved very very easily and shouldn`t be a primary indicator of a product`s quality or ability in any way.

Imatk
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Cool thanks guys. Yeah this was the first time I`ve done this particular Carnuba combo so I wasn`t sure.