PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used Zymol Titanium?

mdreiguy
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I would appreciate any feedback on this product. I have a 1999 Bmw M3 in Alpine White and was wondering if Zymol Titanium is a good glaz or should I pay more and get the Concours glaz. Thanks in advanced.

imported_DieselMDX
05-15-2007, 12:36 AM
IMO I would get concours tho i have not used titanium I have used ital and concours and have been very impressed.

Dont forget souveran,victoria and swissvax they make excellent waxs also

dshreter
05-15-2007, 01:00 AM
I know you asked for feedback on the zymol titanium, but I just want to chime in and mention that you should keep in mind that you have a white car. The benefits of the really good waxes over good waxes make much less difference on a white car. In my opinion with a white car you should choose a wax based primarily on its durability and focus on keeping the car clean. Keeping a white car really white will mean using a clay bar a lot as you can see every little speck of grime that attaches itself to the paint. White will never take on deep reflections so the good waxes kind of go to waste, and I`d say you can get 95% of its optimal look with any decent wax. FWIW meg`s NXT looks great on white.

mdreiguy
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM
So which Zymol wax has good durability in your opinion? keep in mind I dont want to pay over 400 dollars for wax thats just out of my budget. Which clay bar do you recommend btw? Thanks so much for the feedback you guys.

coverbw
05-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I just used it on my gold Titan last week. It really turned out nice. I think a lot of the Zymol magic is in the HD cleanse. That stuff really impressed me. I thought waxing with bare hands was a ploy by Zymol to make you use more wax, but as it turns out I didn`t use much at all. You have to let it sit for a few hours before you give it a final buff. After that it has such a beautiful glow. And it beads like crazy! This is the first high-end wax I have used, so I can`t offer you much of a comparison against other waxes. With my truck being metallic gold, I usually don`t get much of a reflection, but I did after the Zymol! Hope that helps.

dshreter
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I`m not really sure I would use zymol, but don`t put too much weight into my opinion as my car isn`t kept to the same standards as a lot of people on here. I would use a long lasting acrylic sealant like Klasse all in one and super glaze, or menzerna FMJ, or something along those lines that would be longer lasting than a carnauba wax. Better advice could be given if you give a little bit of info about the condition of your car, the look you`re trying to achieve, and how much maintenance you plan to do. The advice for a show car will be different from a car you will wash once every couple weeks and park outside.

mdreiguy
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
The car has 26K miles on it and is in like new condition. Paint is excellent. Car is parked inside and is covered. Usually driven on the weekends. Im looking for great protection while having the great wet look.

dshreter
05-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Thats some nice low mileage! I take back a lot of what I said then... since this car isn`t going to be driven too much carnauba isn`t a bad idea. I`ll just keep my mouth shut now.

RallyMSP
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I`m looking to get titanium too. seems ver reflective on that gold car. Is it easy to take the wax out of the canister to spread onto a pc pad?

Harry Houdini
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
I`m looking to get titanium too. seems ver reflective on that gold car. Is it easy to take the wax out of the canister to spread onto a pc pad?

The Zymol stuff are starting to get under my skin and I am just etching to buy the

Vintage "$1800 one" as it is refilled for life at no cost! maybe shipping but that’s about it.

Coming to think about it I spend over 5000$ in car care this past 6 months, and I just

replaced my Vac N Blo and new boars hair brushes along with other stuff "$600"

So investing in a jar of 1800 dollar wax that gets refilled for life does not look like a bad

Investment!

The only question I have is same as yours How Long Does It Last!~? and how much

Protection I should expect!~?

Also can it be applied by a PC instead of Hand?

The looks are great as far as I have seen better than any LSP out there period.

Great Looks to me is how deep and worm the finish looks, don`t forget

that to achive a good finish the Polishing step must be perfected.

Vintage
05-15-2007, 08:42 PM
So which Zymol wax has good durability in your opinion? keep in mind I dont want to pay over 400 dollars for wax thats just out of my budget. Which clay bar do you recommend btw? Thanks so much for the feedback you guys.

From my experience, the Titanium lasts longer than Carbon, Creme, but not as long as Concours, Ital, or Vintage. Be sure to use the HD Cleanse - you can even apply that with a pc and a finishing pad to speed up the process. Be sure to apply the Titanium by hands only even though some say you can use an app pad. Have fun!

imported_Steelth
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I recently used the Glasur for my Yellow goat. Very very impressed with it so far. Of course the concours is excellent as well. I just have yet to use it although I have used the very similar Swissol Concourso.

I had the Titanium on the car before now I use Glasur on it as the Glasur delivers a definate + of wettness compaired to the Titanium.

Vintage
05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
The Zymol stuff are starting to get under my skin and I am just etching to buy the

Vintage "$1800 one" as it is refilled for life at no cost! maybe shipping but that’s about it.

Coming to think about it I spend over 5000$ in car care this past 6 months, and I just

replaced my Vac N Blo and new boars hair brushes along with other stuff "$600"

So investing in a jar of 1800 dollar wax that gets refilled for life does not look like a bad

Investment!

The only question I have is same as yours How Long Does It Last!~? and how much

Protection I should expect!~?

Also can it be applied by a PC instead of Hand?

The looks are great as far as I have seen better than any LSP out there period.

Great Looks to me is how deep and worm the finish looks, don`t forget

that to achive a good finish the Polishing step must be perfected.

Keep in mind that the acrylic container is heavy. It`s costs me almost $50 to ship it insured to Zymol for refills. I can`t say EXACTLY how long it lasts as I apply it every 2-4 weeks on my personal car. I can say that it still looks great after not waxing for 3 months in the winter - I know, I`m a slacker. You cannot apply it with a PC. I know of a guy that scratched the sh-- out of his brand new Ferrari because he applied with a Zymol wax app instead of by hand. Follow the directions for best results.

I am a Zymol loyalist, but I will admit to a couple nuances - 1.) It is not consumer friendly. Time consuming to apply and pretty expensive; 2.) SEEMS to attract dust - must be the oils in the wax. If you can get over those things, you will love Zymol products.

RallyMSP
05-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Can`t use the lower end offerings with the pc as well?

Vintage
05-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Can`t use the lower end offerings with the pc as well?

Sorry, I though we were just talking about Vintage which is part of the Estate Glaze line. I have used Zymol`s Handcrafted Waxes (like Carbon, Creme, Volvo) with a PC and 3 1/2 finish pads and they worked great. No scratches on the car at all. On the EG line, they make it very clear that you need to melt in hands to apply - I have both seen and heard of guys that used applicators. My advice - don`t do it :-)