PDA

View Full Version : Foam guns are waaaaay too much fun!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SuperBee364
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
So about a week ago, I bought a John Deere 3000 psi, 2.8 gpm gas powered pressure washer. Then my wife had a baby, and I`ve been waiting til today to bust open the box and fire it up.

Great timing, too, cause my foam cannon attachment came today.

I went through about one gallon of some old cheap Meguairs Deep Crystal car wash soap, and through about six ounces of Zaino`s car wash (Z7?) messing around with this thing. OMG, it was a blast!

Mixing one ounce of Zaino with ten ounces of water gave my car a coat of 1.5 inch thick foam. Real FOAM, too... Like the stuff you could shave with. It hit the car with a huge amount of force, and just sticks there like shaving cream. I let it sit on the car for a good five minutes, then blasted it off with the pressure washer.

My car came completely clean without ever touching it with a mitt after two good foamings. It wasn`t really dirty to start with, but it had a fair layer of dust, a few water spots, and the odd dead bug.

I`ll try and get some decent footage of the foam gun in use tomorrow. I`m hoping that a good layer of Zaino foam will allow me to clay my car without having to use any QD as lube. Should be a fairly good system, I hope.... foam the car, clay it, then rinse everything away.

Pics and film in the morning! :lol

klumzypinoy
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
COol! I want a foam gun!

Mark77
05-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Sounds like fun, I can`t wait for the pics and film of this. :grinno:

imported_DieselMDX
05-15-2007, 12:40 AM
what type of foam gun?

SuperBee364
05-15-2007, 12:47 AM
what type of foam gun?

Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment - Cam Spray 527100 - Every Pressure Washer. Great Selection of Electric Pressure Washers, Gas Pressure Washers, Hot Water Pressure Washers, Cold Water Pressure Washers, & Much More! (http://www.everypressurewasher.com/Cam-Spray-527100-CAM1243.html#ProdDetails)

Only complaint with it is that the stock bottle is too small. It takes less than 20 seconds to empty it. I clipped off the detergent pickup tubing from one of my old dead power washers, and stuck it in a 32 ounce bottle. Looks like it should be a pretty good replacement for the stock bottle and tube. Gonna try it out first thing tomorrow.

ben_r_
05-15-2007, 12:14 PM
huh, those are cheaper than I thought they would be. Do you have to use these with a pressure washer? And does anyone recommend a different one thats better for some reason?

SuperBee364
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, shoot. I thought I had one more bottle of Z7. I was down to my last couple ounces, and went to grab the new bottle out of my Zaino box. Imagine my surprise when it wasn`t there. So, the video below was shot with a very weak (about one ounce in 31 ounces of water) solution. The foam is still very good though, just not what I`ve been seeing with higher concentrations.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/floorpizza/th_MVI_0260.jpg (http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/floorpizza/?action=view&current=MVI_0260.flv)

I`m still waiting for my CG`s CW&G to get here. I placed the order early last Friday morning, and it still hasn`t shipped. This is my first order with CG. Is it normal for them to take three business days before shipping an order? I hate to call and bug them if this is normal. Just anxious to get the stuff and start washing cars!

More videos to come as I try out different wash soaps...

awahl63
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Awesome video!

qballjr13
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
That is soooooo cool!! Now are you SUPPOSED to wash the car with a mit or does a foam gun let you totally eliminated that all together?

SuperBee364
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
That is soooooo cool!! Now are you SUPPOSED to wash the car with a mit or does a foam gun let you totally eliminated that all together?

Kinda depends on either the LSP you use, or your car`s clear coat if there`s no wax/sealant on it.

If the clear coat on my car is completely bare, I can get it completely clean without ever touching it with a mitt, sponge, or anything else, for that matter. Last winter, I let the LSP wear off my paint, and just took it to a touch-free wash. Always came away with a completely clean car.

Zaino, on the other hand, really seems to like to grab on to dust and dirt. Last night, using the foam cannon, I was able to get my car completely clean without touching it, but I think most of the Z2 is gone. I`m gonna do a complete detail on it this week (with three coats of Z2), then I`ll let it get dirty and see if I can get it to come clean with just the pressure washer and foam cannon. Whatever won`t come off, I`ll use a Boar`s Hair Brush to get instead of a mitt.

My main goal with the foam cannon/pressure washer is to remove as much of the stuff off the car as I possibly can without touching it, because anything left on the paint immediately turns into an abrasive (swirl maker) when you then run over it with a mitt or sponge.

SuperBee364
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
huh, those are cheaper than I thought they would be. Do you have to use these with a pressure washer? And does anyone recommend a different one thats better for some reason?

Yup, this one has to be used with a pressure washer, and it has to have a threaded coupler to join to the high pressure gun; the Karcher quick-twist type connector won`t work. The one I linked to is very similar to the one that is so popular in the UK. Autobrite (UK detail supply company) makes one with various adapters for different pressure washers, and I`m quite certain it is the same model as I linked to.

If you want serious foam, there`s just no substitute for a pressure washer foam gun. The kind that doesn`t use a pressure washer (like the Gilmour gun that AG sells), just aren`t capable of producing this kind of foam.

There are a couple different pressure washer foam guns out there, but after doing a ton of research on them, I really think this one is the best you can get. One of the great features of it is that you can adjust the pick-up tube ratio.

randomman84
05-15-2007, 02:01 PM
holy .... i WANT ONE!!!

sspeer
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
hmmm...Karcher has a foam attachment for under $22 shipped...has anyone tried it?

NickelPlated.45
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Wow, thanks for the video SuperBee. That`s too cool. I want one.

gmblack3
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
If we didn`t have water restrictions here I would order one.

Thanks for sharing.