PDA

View Full Version : CS/OS with a PC?

pootoo12000
05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Was perusing the forum the other night...was looking at TDKENY`s Click and Brag where he mentioned applying CS and OS with a PC. Thought to myself "I gotta try that!" Went down to the garage and did a door panel with OS on a blue 4" finishing pad. The stuff spread forever... seems to me its much more economical than by hand. After an hour or so, it leaves a clear, hard finish. No streaks, no blotches. I have done this with several more panels and have tried it with CS also. From here on, this will be my preferred application method. Thanks to TDKENY for thinking outside the box!

wifehatescar
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I tied that with OS on speed 2 or 3 and it left blotches all over where the product was heavy and did not evaporate, it was like glue. But I did not use too much I don`t think, I used 10 sprays for a Maxima.

joshtpa
05-14-2007, 01:56 PM
It is so easy to use by hand, why bother getting the machine out?

pootoo12000
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
When I did it I worked it in very well. When I finished spreading over the panel, I took a little extra time working it in over the whole panel. 10 sprays would be about right. We sure got differing results!

TortoiseAWD
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
It is so easy to use by hand, why bother getting the machine out?May not be worth getting out the machine, but if you already have it out because you polished/AIO`ed/whatever . . . well, I never pass up the chance to use a power tool. :D

Tort

joshtpa
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
If I can avoid taking a power tool to paint, I will. Never know, my clumsey butt will drop it on the car one day.

TortoiseAWD
05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I`m totally the opposite. A combination of laziness and a bad back on my part, I think, but anything that speeds up the process or reduces physical effort . . . gimme.