PDA

View Full Version : Noob from North FL.

PerroneFord
05-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Hello all,

Since I`ve made a few posts, I thought I`d do an intro.

I found this site basically in a frantic search to learn how to clean up my car better. I`ve been a car guy all of my life. My dad worked 32 years for GM, and a lot of my extended family are autoworkers. I`ve had a fascination with well-built cars a long time and have enjoyed Porsche`s particularly. I wanted to study automotive engineering, and move to Stuttgart, but that gave way to Mech Engineering, and finally computer science instead.

I`ve been washing and waxing the family cars from a young age, but when I got my first car, I started trying to understand a bit more. Since then, I`ve been lucky enough to have some fun cars, BMW, Range Rover, Honda S2000, and now a Subaru WRX. After neglecting it for far too long, and leaving my Rover parked outside with no protection for several years, I thought it would be a good time to try and restore some decent looks to them.

This site has been instrumental in deepening my understanding of everything involved in the detailing process. I finally got to use a Porter Cable this past weekend and will be buying my own and an assortment of pads to go with it. I might do some detailing for friends to offset the cost of buying materials and perhaps renting space to garage and work on my cars. We`ll see how that goes.

So I`m looking forward to learning more from the folks here, and being amazed at the work you guys do...

-Perrone

1210tech©
05-18-2007, 09:49 AM
hello from another newbie :)