PDA

View Full Version : How do you apply Aquawax?

Grimm
05-14-2007, 07:19 AM
I just bought some AW on sale, and used it this weekend. It looks good, but I want to make sure I used the best method of application. I sprayed it on a couple panels, and lightly wiped it with a MF to the point where the panels were almost, but not quite dry. Then after wiping down the second panel I went back to the start with another dry MF and buffed. So basically the panels sat for maybe a minute before I buffed.

imported_steveo3002
05-14-2007, 07:49 AM
i just wipe and turn the towel and wipe again

i prefer to use it on a almost dry car so that its not watered down none

brendans225
05-14-2007, 07:58 AM
i apply to a dry car. So what i do is get a MF cloth and spray a light mist of water on it, followed by a mist of AW..........the cloth is slightly wet/damp.............i then spray a little bit of AW around the panel and give a wipe with the MF.................no streaks, spreads easy, and definitely not wet afterwards...................:)

imported_Yal
05-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Different ways of applying because its a no fuss product.

For example I never buff it. I spray a panel then wipe it off. Its never 100% dry when I move on to the next panel. It dries with no streaks as long as the panel is cool. The next day is usually when AW blows you away ;)

TigerMike
05-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I spray a panel with a couple squirts, wipe around with one side of the MF towel then turn the towel to the other side immediately to wipe away any remaining residue. Or, sometimes I`ll also let the AW disappear into the paint, without much of any final wipe. I always use it on a dry surface. I have used it on paint ranging from cool to literally burning hot (black in the sun), and have had no issues. AW is really so easy, and no fuss, that you can try it however you like without serious issues. The worst you may see is a slight streak, but that is easily cured by rewiping the panel.

After AW cures, it is really quite amazing! Looks oh so good and slick! ;)

Grimm
05-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Great, I figured there wouldn`t be a wrong way to use it. Only problem is I can`t see how it looks the next day because of all this stupid polen. I washed my wifes suv yesterday and used the AW, and my wife emailed me sarcastically saying how it was good I washed it because it`s now green. :aww:

BigAl3
05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
i spray each panel (or just onto the applicator) and then use a square mf applicator to spread it around, then buff with a mf towel...

coupe
05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
I sprits the panel, wipe with MF, flip MF for final wipe.

I always apply do a dry vehicle after a wash. I dont want water diluteing it.

bronze2006
05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I spray on the panel and wipe in with MF. The carquest sale on AW is great - I just bought 20 bottles this morning.

thesacrifice
05-14-2007, 01:31 PM
spray and whipe..that easy....almost doesnt need to be whiped

mikebai1990
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
spray and whipe..that easy....almost doesnt need to be whiped

LOL, it`s wipe, not whipe :) I keep thinking of whip and whipped whenever I see you type those words :nana:

AL-53
05-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I use AW as TigerMike does...I spray a panel and wipe it in till it just about disappears and then buff it with a dry MF...the results on a dry surface are much better than using it on a wet surface...once your MF you use to wipe it in with gets wet from a few panels..it takes less AW to do the rest...once you get a system down you will find it goes much easier and you use less product....a little goes a long ways...I use 1 spray per panel and just wipe it in...

AL