PDA

View Full Version : Streaking w/ZAIO?

docker
05-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Has anyone noticed any streaking with ZAIO?

After I remove ZAIO on my dark vehicles I often see streaking that looks exactly like streaking after applying too much Z8. I typically have to hit it with a touch of Z6 or Z8 and buff out. I typically apply with a blue LC pad, work in just a tad and then always leave plenty of time for drying before removing residues.

Any thoughts?

joshtpa
05-14-2007, 06:29 AM
You might not be waiting long enough before taking the product off. I had this problem, but if you wait a little longer, you should be fine.

docker
05-14-2007, 08:30 AM
You might not be waiting long enough before taking the product off. I had this problem, but if you wait a little longer, you should be fine.

Well, I`ve let it alone to dry/cure for upto a few hours and have still had the problem. I`ll give it another shot in a few days and see whether giving it a little more time helps.

I`ve used KAIO a bunch and have never had the prob with it. Just dumbfounded about this.

gmblack3
05-14-2007, 08:33 AM
How much are you working ZAIO in? I work it in with a PC till its just about gone. I complete the entire car and then remove.

docker
05-14-2007, 09:23 AM
How much are you working ZAIO in? I work it in with a PC till its just about gone. I complete the entire car and then remove.

I work it just a tad...enough to make sure it`s spread eveningly and thin-ish. I don`t work it as much as a traditional polish, but definitely more than I would if doing by hand.

imported_GregCavi
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Here is my process for ZAIO.

I apply the ZAIO by hand using a microfiber applicator. Applying a very thin line, like I would with Z5/Z2pro, I coat one side of the vehicle. After I have applied the thin coat, I go back and wipe off. I continue this process of thin coats, and sections of the vehicle on the entire vehicle. I have found that by applying very thin, and removing pretty soon after application works best for me.

Greg

docker
05-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Here is my process for ZAIO.

I apply the ZAIO by hand using a microfiber applicator. Applying a very thin line, like I would with Z5/Z2pro, I coat one side of the vehicle. After I have applied the thin coat, I go back and wipe off. I continue this process of thin coats, and sections of the vehicle on the entire vehicle. I have found that by applying very thin, and removing pretty soon after application works best for me.

Greg

Greg - Thanks for the suggestion on the technique. I`ll give that a shot and see if results are any different.

Thanks-

Jeff

mgm2003
05-14-2007, 10:38 AM
The only time that I`ve ever noticed any streaking is when too much product is applied.

It only takes a few dabs of ZAIO on your pad or applicator.

Drawing an `X` or circle on your pad with ZAIO = way too much product. 1/2 of 1 oz will take care of an average car (including wheels & glass) I like to apply ZAIO by hand or PC @ 4-5 using a polishing or finishing pad. Try this, and see if it helps.

imported_memnuts
05-14-2007, 11:57 AM

I am another that works the product until it is nearly gone. I use ZAIO like any mild polish/cleanser and over-lap each area being worked. I complete the whole vehicle prior to buffing off.

You might try working the product in a little longer and overlapping to insure complete coverage and cleansing. :nixweiss

docker
05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
OK, good feedback and suggestions...

1. Will resist the effort to put too much product on

2. Will work the product longer with the PC and blue LC pad (much like traditional polishes)

3. Will experiment between longer and shorter dry/cure times

Question: Do you guys moisten the applicator or pc pad with anything, like water, Z6/Z8, pad conditioner (I have the XMT Pad Conditioner)?

Thanks for the words of advice!

Jeff

gmblack3
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Jeff, I spritz the pad with Z6 every few panels.

Thomas Dekany
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
OK, good feedback and suggestions...

1. Will resist the effort to put too much product on

2. Will work the product longer with the PC and blue LC pad (much like traditional polishes)

3. Will experiment between longer and shorter dry/cure times

Question: Do you guys moisten the applicator or pc pad with anything, like water, Z6/Z8, pad conditioner (I have the XMT Pad Conditioner)?

Thanks for the words of advice!

Jeff

1 you need very little product

2 you have to work it into the paint very well. Until it is almost gone.

wannafbody
05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I`d try working it into the paint a bit more and see if it helps.

Statman
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Well..I used a pc and probably way too uch product. I did the whole car and then started to remove it...so within an hour...no streaks at all (I posted my pics in an earlier thread...996TT). The problem I had is with applying CS after (the next day). Went away with Z8, the next day.

Scottwax
05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
1 you need very little product

2 you have to work it into the paint very well. Until it is almost gone.

Exactly. Pretty much the same deal as using Klasse AIO and Werkstatt`s Prime.

The only time I had streaking with ZAIO is the first time I used it-because I was using too much.