PDA

View Full Version : AquaJett Z8

imported_Steelth
05-12-2007, 10:46 PM
My most recent formulation of mixtures. Today I mixed up some Z8, AW, and AJT. I used it as a QD on my GTO which has Zymol Titanium on it currently I also used it on my dad`s truck by itself without any other form of protection to test durability by itself. On the unprotected finish it kind of vanished right into the paintwork it sure gives the gloss/shine of Z8 or AW. I will also be trying a few diff variations of it right now I have it as 2:1 Z8 to AW then 8:1 Z8 to AJT. I will probably try adding more AJT to the mixture sometime next week. I will try and get some pictures up soon as well.

I am indeed insane btw haha. :woot2:

imported_DieselMDX
05-12-2007, 11:13 PM
lol cant wait to see pics

Gen2
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM
What about mixing AW with AJT :idea

joshtpa
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
WHy mix Z8 and AW since you said in another thread that they are the same thing?

mikebai1990
05-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Jeez, you need to lay off Steelth.. Steelth, hope you see some improvement in durability :) Mixing is usually not my thing. WAY too many combinations :)

joshtpa
05-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Jeez, you need to lay off Steelth.. Steelth, hope you see some improvement in durability :) Mixing is usually not my thing. WAY too many combinations :)

I am asking an honest question...As someone that does not mix much except maybe RMG and VM, I would like to know why if they are the same to him?

imported_Steelth
05-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I am asking an honest question...As someone that does not mix much except maybe RMG and VM, I would like to know why if they are the same to him?

If they were similar with a few different qualities why not mix them. That way I can also use more product with less money. If I had only used Z8 the cost per ounce would be higher wouldn`t it. I actually used this on top of a Viper which has two layers of Pinnacle Souveran today and it definately shined nicely.

wannafbody
05-13-2007, 05:21 PM
over a wax mixing the AW and Z8 would probably work well. keep us posted as to how it holds up.

SVR
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I like your ideas steelth.

As some here know, I`ll mix anything and I sure are getting good results so far

Your combo sounds good

My latest one is Double strength acrylic glos

250ml of glos, 250ml of AJT

More slickness than glos, faster to use than spraying AJT on it`s own, no hard buffing (AJT can leave a few gummy spots)

Within a few wipes, its all done

Another is scratchinator sheet off

A combo of prima slick, AW, Driven to perfection quick spray, aussie gold showroom glaze (autopian quality aussie stuff), diluted einszett lackfinish, four star UGE and QS

Spray on wet rinsed car, wait 2 mins, do flooding rinse and blot dry

within seconds, front guards had a few areas that were bone dry.

Three blots with WW towel and it was dry z a bone

Extremely slick as a QD and can be applied by machine with LC blue pad or equivalent pad

imported_Steelth
05-13-2007, 10:18 PM
I like your ideas steelth.

As some here know, I`ll mix anything and I sure are getting good results so far

Your combo sounds good

My latest one is Double strength acrylic glos

250ml of glos, 250ml of AJT

More slickness than glos, faster to use than spraying AJT on it`s own, no hard buffing (AJT can leave a few gummy spots)

Within a few wipes, its all done

Another is scratchinator sheet off

A combo of prima slick, AW, Driven to perfection quick spray, aussie gold showroom glaze (autopian quality aussie stuff), diluted einszett lackfinish, four star UGE and QS

Spray on wet rinsed car, wait 2 mins, do flooding rinse and blot dry

within seconds, front guards had a few areas that were bone dry.

Three blots with WW towel and it was dry z a bone

Extremely slick as a QD and can be applied by machine with LC blue pad or equivalent pad

I like your thinking one of us probalby you since you seem to do more mixing than me should open up a mixture thread. :up